• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: about Caen-Normandy

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
    Ivy you're an angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, I know (puts on smug face).
    Then quickly reverts to normal self:

But I knew you'd do it. And that is a simply beautiful photo, Yves, well worth struggling over. What a wealth of detail in that facade, isn't there?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Since yesterday we have big snowfalls that is anusual in Normandy.Our Norwegian or Swedish members would’nt be impressed but here,since we are’nt well equiped,everyday life is totaly changed.Schools closed,no tramway and buses,large restrictions for driving,etc…
      I appreciate this atmosphere,all that white and the high quality of silence.It seems we live in a new town,different as if it would have been repainted and did up again.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That snowman's winking at you but he really ought to have some sleeves on, with just the mittens on his hands he must be frozen. He's lost one of the buttons from his coat, too. I hope you remedied these problems before you left the poor chap?
            When they produce the weather map for East Anglia on the TV there are always the Netherlands and Belgium showing and last night quite a large part of north-west France, too. So I could see the snow coverage was quite widespread.
            Ivy

Comment

Comment

For an instant I thought I’d strayed into another thread from further north! Extraordinary snow scenes Yves.
                I especially like the row of bicycles. Tommi had just posted a “bike in snow” photo too, so enjoying this take on the weather I set out to contribute to the theme…but in vain. Where there was still snow lying around the houses on the higher ground of Edinburgh’s outskirts, kids’ bicycles were all safely tucked away in sheds and garages, and further downhill around the university areas where bicycles are more commonly used, the snow had already melted.

Love your icicles, and the narrow street of #81/2 is a delight.

Comment

IVY.The snowman is still alive this morning.
                  CECILIA.I have never seen Edimbourg with snow.I guess it could be very attractive.

Comment

I love the jester at #81.3 But what has he to grin about?! What is that building, Yves, to have such a symbol?
                    Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                      I love the jester at #81.3 But what has he to grin about?! What is that building, Yves, to have such a symbol?
                      It is an antiquary shop (the oldest in Caen).Maybe this jester poke fun at clients which get ripped off??

Comment

River ORNE this morning.

....no smoking on the terrasse today!!!

Comment

Two weeks ago,before the snowy episode,we had a nice weather,blue sky and pretty warm temperature.So I got my bike and went for a stroll along the canal from the city center to Ouistreham.The former towpath is now an enjoyable lane for bikers,walkers,skate rollers etc..and the docks are still in activity,mostly for loading grains (the plain of Caen is a big wheat producer).

A BRETTANY FERRY's catamaran docking there since a while, maybe waiting for a new buyer.
                          Last edited by yvneac; March 18th, 2013, 17:30.

Comment

MV EQUATOR, registered in Marshall islands

Comment

In the background,the church of Benouville,Roman style

A ghost boat?

Comment

The first French house libereted on 6th of june 1944(still a bar nowadays) when British Army attacked the strategic bridge known as Pegasus Bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X