Enjoy fish and sea food

[IMG]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w369/yneac/IMGP1615.jpg[/IMG

And a design by SAVIGNAC

Comment

Re: about Caen-Normandy

I missed this one

Comment

I can feel the bracing sea air and taste the seafood in these latest images.
        (…and I seem to get everywhere don’t I !!!! )

Comment

On Sunday I went and eat in a seafood restaurant at Port-en-Bessin.
          Heavy atmosphere around the piers, due to the clash between French, English, and Scottish fishers of scallops. The 12 nautical miles zone was always a problem and, furthermore, the inventory control is a recurrent “bone of contention”.
          I don’t know who is right or wrong –as usual everyone has good reasons – but this scallop war is a perfect illustration of UE hiccups.
          Nevertheless I had a nice meal!
          Few views of Port-en-Bessin.

Comment

Comment

The name of this one made me thinking...

Comment

Before going back to home,I stopped at Arromanches the artificial harbour built just after the DDay in June 1944.During few months it was the busiest port of France.
                Here are "mulberries" the concrete caissons used to built the floating bridges.

Last edited by yvneac; October 18th, 2012, 21:59.

Comment

Yves, there are so many posts of your travels in France that I have not yet caught up with, but I have returned to this one at last. That picture of the seafood stall at Trouville had my mouth watering - scrumptious.
                  But also I was particularly interested in those of Port-en-Bessin and Arromanches. In 1946, so soon after the war had ended, my convent school took a small group on a great expedition to France. We stayed at a convent in Bayeux (although ours was a French order this one was not a sister). Yes, of course we saw the great tapestry and I was immensely impressed by the page in my history book coming to life. But also we made trips to both the above places. I remembered all about them from the war-time news, and to actually stand on those beaches where it had all happened such a short time previously affected me deeply. Many thanks for these memories, Yves.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

We stayed at a convent in Bayeux (although ours was a French order this one was not a sister).[/QUOTE]

HERE IS THE FORMER COUVENT DE LA CHARITE IN bAYEUX.MAYBE IT'S THIS ONE?

Comment

Oh Yves, I really cannot remember. It does not look familiar, but then as a bunch of schoolgirls we would have used some rear entrance. There again, we must have done our trips by coach, which may well have used this road. But this building looks very grand and somehow my memories are of a smaller establishment altogether, with a little garden. I did not have a camera (the family one was a box Brownie!) though I remember one of the girls did have one with her. I have just rushed to my boxes of photos, though, for I used to have one of those little concertina type sets of photos that you used to be able to buy. It was of Bayeux - I can see the cover in my mind's eye still. But I don't suppose it would have shown the convent, anyway!
                      However, I must have thrown it out in one of my clearing sessions.
                      I can't remember the name of the order although somehow I don't think it was the Sisters of Charity. Come to think of it, I can't recall my own convent's name. I think it was Daughter's of ????? Oh, yes, yes... Great Brain has produced it - Daughters of Jesus. They were based in Finistѐre but the order was closed many years ago.
                      How kind of you to find that photo. Thank you, Yves.
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; October 19th, 2012, 13:45.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                        The name of this one made me thinking...

Someone with history from Norway, or perhaps someone who wants to be ... yes, Norwegian....
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          Someone with history from Norway, or perhaps someone who wants to be ... yes, Norwegian....

It would not be amazing.

Comment

Honfleur is located at the head of the bay of Seine .It was an important place in the XVth and the XVIth . From there boats headed for Nouvelle-France (Canada), Brazil, Antilles, reason why it is twin-town with Quebec.
                            The town is known as the City of Painters since Monet, Sisley, Corot, Boudin stayed here, mainly to study the Normand skies.
                            Nowadays picture galleries are still numerous….and few painters pretty good.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X