No announcement yet.

about Caen-Normandy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until July,at Giverny, the Gustave Caillebotte's exhibition.
    Less known than Monet or Pissaro, Caillebotte is, in my opinion, one of the more important painter in the impressioniste school.

CAILLEBOTTE by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

A video
    http://france3-regions.francetvinfo....es-961049.html

Link to Giverny
    http://www.mdig.fr/en/caillebotte-pa...-gardener?type

Comment

Yesterday night I was at a show of contemporary circus by the Swedish company Circus Cirkor. If you have the opportunity to see it , don't hesitate.It's great.
      Here is a video clip of this show
      http://www.lesboreales.com/limits-de...-aux-boreales/

Comment

• pakarang
        pakarang commented
        Editing a comment
        WAOW.... wonderful acrobatics! Not something for me though (not agile enough, and fearful of any higher surface than the thick carpet in my living room)....

Don't miss this film if it is showing in your town. A great and Moving melodrama between Poland and France during the cold war.

images by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
        Don't miss this film if it is showing in your town. A great and Moving melodrama between Poland and France during the cold war.

Thank you for the movie-tip - will keep an extra eye out for it. I love going to the cinema to see films.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes, I'll watch out for it, too. We have a small theatre in Bungay which shows films and also a Bungay Film club which uses their facilities. Thanks, Yves.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Just a try with Postimage. Can you tell me if it works correctly?

Comment

• Ralf__
              Ralf__ commented
              Editing a comment
              The size is a bit smaller than it used to be. But that is all. Rest is fine...

Thank you Ralf. I try to post a bit bigger one.

Comment

• Ralf__
              Ralf__ commented
              Editing a comment
              That is looking fine!

Looks wonderful and it shows well at this side of the Internat cables too!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I spent a week in Brittany at extreme west of France in the department (county) of Finistère to visit the « enclos paroissiaux », typical sites of the area, which can be translated by parish closes.

They were erected during the 16th and 17th, mostly in this part of Brittany, when this province had its economical « age d'or » due to the maritim commerce and the production of linen and hemp which were exported all over Europe.

A enclos paroissial is a churchyard located in a little city. A low wall of stone (usually granit) delimit the space. The entrance is a ceremonial arch giving onto an ossuary and a calvery, before reaching the church. The calveries are often a master piece of popular scupture mixing the Christ's life and the stories of the local saints.

Here is a design :

Comment

Enclos of Saint Thegonec

Arch, Calvery, Ossuary.

The arch

The calvery

Comment

Inside the Church the polychrome baroque decoration is mainly the rule.
                  retable
                  nearest gas station to where i am

Pulpit

Statues

hot boy names list

Comment

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, Don't know why there are footnotes to boy names and fuel stations. A Postimage gift I guess!

Guilmillau. Maybe the greatest calvery of Btittany with its 200 characters.

Lampaul-Guilmillau.

Inside the Church. The rood beam.

A mise au tombeau by Antoine de Chavagnac (1676) polychrome limestone.

Comment

Some photos from the coast of Finistère from Roscoff to Portsall.

La Vierge Europe hightest lighthouse

Last edited by yvneac; April 18th, 2019, 13:59.

Comment

Fascinating pictures. Brittany is so unique. Thank you for sharing.
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh Yves, must come back and study all this carefully. Looks very interesting.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                        X