• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnificent cliffs, Yves!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Fécamp is the producing place for a kind of brandy called Bénédictine.
      Here is the English Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9n%C3%A9dictine
      Don't know if it has a good taste,I have never try it.But the thing is that painters worked for the mark as
      Mucha

Cappielo

Sem

Comment

Head office and distillery in a over-elaborate style or may I say a egocentric style?
        Alexandre Le Grand (Alexender T he Great)! this guy was full of self confidence,I guess.

Comment

YPORT, a tiny and pretty little village where Guy de Maupassant set his novel Une Vie.
          Former grounding port, there are still skiffs and caÏques even though it's mostly for the touristic view.

Comment

Etretat and its well known scenery.

La falaise d'Aval with the arch and the needle

Falaise d'Amont

Comment

At last Sainte-Adresse,where Dufy and Marquet spent a lot of time.

Comment

Old pictures taken before the house of Françoise's parents in le Golfe du Morbihan was sold.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Morbihan
                The harbour of Le Bono and l'anse de Baden.

Comment

I don't remember if I already have posted photos from Goury.
                  Le cap de la Hague is located at the tip of Cotentin peninsula.Between the cape and Alderney runs the Raz Blanchard,a strong current,not always easy for sailing boats.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alderney_Race
                  Here are pictures of Goury lighthouse,in the Raz.

The rescue station

Comment

Tomorrow, students enjoy themselves in Caen.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/carnaval-...35-000-3295872

Comment

A TRIP TO THE GOLFE OF MORBIHAN
                      Located on south Brittany, the name of the golfe means Little sea in Britton, in opposition with Mor Braz the Great Sea, the Atlantic.
                      Only open by a 1km long pass between the head of Port Navalo and the cape of Kerpenhir (very strong tidal currents!) this area is scattered with isles and islets, most of them tiny and uninhabited, only l’Ile aux Moines and l’Ile d’Ars are real communes (with a major etc…).
                      Almost an inner sea, it is 20km long and 15km large with deep indentations called “riviéres” (Auray,Bono,Vannes), giving a sensation of mini-fjords when boating around. In another hand, it can also remind the Stockholm archipelago, due to its green vegetation and the sailing boats traffic.
                      According to the tide, the color of the sky, the place where stands the viewer, the season, the landscape is very changing. In April-May, by cool and sunny weather (it was the case) the palette is nice: maritime pines, blooms, camellias, beginning of rhododendrons, glycines….
                      I didn’t come back there since years so it has been a great pleasure to return. A kind of homecoming.

Comment

First stop at Conleau peninsula entance of the riviére de Vannes.

Comment

Fishing was always a day-to-day activity in the Golfe and the villages had their own sort of boat (forbans du Bono, sinagots de Séné....) but the most common one is the "plate" (punt in English?),a very handy little boat,well adapted to this kind of maritim environment.

Comment

VANNES
                            The old town,inside the ramparts is known for its timber framed houses.

Comment

Frontage details.

Vannes and his wife,painting granite sculpture (XVth)

Comment

Such special and unusual colours of the timber paint, Yves.

Comment

Working...
                                X