This is The-Middle-Of-Nowhere: Tenille - Sandersville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is The-Middle-Of-Nowhere: Tenille - Sandersville

Before we continue to get OFF-TOPIC in other threads, here is the thread for ehp.

Come on, we expect your pictures here...
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Good initiative - it's time she gets her camera kicked into action and brings us all those pictures which she talks about!...

E.. we love you....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh, my!! My own thread!!! I'm speechless!!

Comment

Now feed us with content... No pressure...

Comment

This is going to be a slow process...so bear with me..

Ok. Why don't we start with my house...Maison Cou Rouge!!
          If you drive down Route 15 going south, you will pass through Sandersville and into Tennille (yes, the two towns are separated by railroad tracks...) We call Tennille "Sandersville's pretty little sister"-

Head toward the stop light- there's only one- and just before it, on the left, you will see my house.

In the middle of winter, the front porch gets very dusty and no one uses the hammock

And no one but strangers comes to the front door, so drive down Smith Alley- that driveway looking thing on the left- and come to my patio and back door-

(I took these in summer-hence the flowers--but I've managed to keep all but the mandevilla alive through the winter!!

Comment

Right now, there's not much going on- it's the dead of winter in middle Georgia and last night was the coldest yet at -4c/25f. But some flowers can stand the cold...and others thrive on it...

The first daffodil of the season

I have gigantic camellia bushes

Comment

And huge magnolia trees. Magnolias are quite dense in their foliage

But out toward the tips, you can see that the leaves aren't as dense as you'd think

Comment

Like all proper Southern cooks I have an herb garden

but my angel looks quite cold today

and I have several birdbaths and feeders because I LOVE birds...

So now you know where to find me....come visit!

More on the surrounding area to follow!

Comment

Waooow.... cuteeeee.... love the hammock!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Fantastic, Elizabeth....., great!!!!!
                    I really like your house, and I can clearly see that it's not the first time you take pictures.
                    I really look forward to the continuation....!!
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Beautiful home! My wife would be very jealous. She has always wanted a house with history.

Not use the front door? The back door is for the help.

I am jealous of your large Magnolias. I planted two and the deer ate them the first winter. I caged the second pair when I replanted and one is about 16-18 feet and the other is about 12-14. I can not get them to grow fast enough.

Your seasons seem be a month ahead of me. Our daffy's have just broken ground and the camellia have yet to bloom this year.

Comment

The house is 99 years old......and the magnolias probably 70 or 80 years....you have a while to go.

You can keep camellias up near the Virginia border??? I thought that much cold would get them....

Tomorrow it's gonna be cold (I know, Norwegians, our cold is a heat wave to you) so I may wait until the weekend to try to get some pictures of the area. Not too much "history" here, as a certain Northern general came through here 144 years ago looking for the sea...........

Comment

I have a large camellia at my office nestled up close in a corner of the building where it is protected from the wind and it gets full southern sun exposure so it does surprisingly well. Every year it sets hundreds of blooms and every year they get burned by the cold but it still blooms beautifully.

Comment

Jan-Olav and everyone else...what do you think of MY horoscope for today???

In future years, you could remember today as one of the best days of your life, Elizabeth. Romance should be going beautifully; you could exchange deeply felt words of love today with your partner. The future looks bright, and you should be full of enthusiastic plans for pursuing what you really want to do. Also, you should be feeling especially strong, energetic, and healthy, and ready to try just about anything. A journey may be coming up soon. Have fun!

Well, there's 12 1/4 hours left on the day....something's bound to happen???? (not going to hold my breath waiting, though...)

Comment

How many hours do we have left to make it happen?

Comment

Working...
                              X