X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trip to Western Australia

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
    Meeting the captain on the Quantas Air Bus from Singapore to Heathrow

I see you got to "approve" the flight plan before take off...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      No doubt, business class is the only way to fly! Wish I could do that EVERY single time I flew...

The above image, with all the "white dots" scattered on the ground, made me think of crop-circles.
      I was told the white shapes are formed by the sand on the land , so the patterns change, to me it looked like milk pools

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        That view from the plane in post #2/2 is simply stunning, almost like an abstract painting, but reality. I can imagine it framed and on the wall!
        Great to see the happy family on the beach, and Santa hats too!…what temperature was it?…I admit I find it amusing to see the snow and Santa kind of Christmas things when it's summer!

Ah a cute koala who is not actually asleep!
        And, (predictably! ) I loved the cave photos, and the trees against the sky!

Such a lovely view over the Ferguson Valley.
        What a great trip Kiki. How long has it been since you last saw your family out there?
        It was around 38 deg and still over 30deg in the evening, too hot to go out at times , strange seeing Christmas decorations and it being so warm and sunny. The little Koala was nodding off, and most of the animals were hiding under the trees for shade, My daughter sold the Perth house while i was there and will go back to her plot of land in Ferguson Valley. The kangaroos wander accross her land , and i just missed a photo of one as he bounced off when he heard the car, snakes and plenty of flies there too, to look out for . So i was a bit nervous.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

lady C, meant to add to last post that in the cave photos, the ground you see has dried up, should be flowing with water, but the guide said the change in the climate means there is no water flowing through the caves.

Comment

Thanks Kiki… Yes, just look at all those ripple marks left in the sediment!(looking like a beach when the tide’s gone out).
            Yes that looks quite weird compared with the cave I near Torquay I visited recently, with all the stalagmites sticking up from the rock floor.

Comment

This was the view as we started crossing Western Australia, not far from Sharks Bay.

Forgive me interrupting your stream of lovely photos, Kiki, I always prefer to just link to the location, but I'm repeating this one because I think these white patches are gypsum pans, common around the Sharks Bay area although we did not stop to see them when my friends and I were returning from our outback camping trip. Centuries, maybe millenia, ago they were saline lakes but sea level having dropped in more recent times the gypsum deposits are all that remain.
              While in the area did you get to Hamelin Pool, where the stromatolites are?
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Gosh, when i asked someone what all the white pools were, they said it was the sand drifting. Whatever it is it is quite amazing to look down on, glad i had a window seat. Never heard of Hamelin Pool, I travelled from my daughters house just outside Perth back and forth to Bunbury and Ferguson Valley where she plans to build a house.

Comment

Interesting trip report, kiki!!!
                  Great to see some images from Perth, as I've never seen that before (nope, never Googled either).
                  Enjoy those interior images from the airplane, also those in the A380-thread, and of course of you in the right seat
                  And as dark, windy and wet it is around us here now, I used a long time to look at the beach images.
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    Interesting trip report, kiki!!!
                    Great to see some images from Perth, as I've never seen that before (nope, never Googled either).
                    Enjoy those interior images from the airplane, also those in the A380-thread, and of course of you in the right seat
                    And as dark, windy and wet it is around us here now, I used a long time to look at the beach images.
                    thank you, i did want to get the Perth skyscrapers but going too fast in the car to get a good shot, It was very hot, but quite amazed to find Jersey quite mild so manage my walks on the beach here, in winter woolies .

Comment

Gosh, when i asked someone what all the white pools were, they said it was the sand drifting. Whatever it is it is quite amazing to look down on, glad i had a window seat.
                      Kiki, I tried Googling the gypsum pans, there are some photos at www.panoramio.com/photo/43492573 and also photo/43492615.... and also a bit about them at http://www.sharkbay.org/birridas.aspx.
                      Birrida is apparently the local aborignal name for them.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

BUNBURY WESTERN AUSTRALIA 2016 . Hi everyone, I am back from my Australian trip to Bunbury , so adding some photos of places.. This time i flew with Emirates Business class, I stopped at Dubai and changed over to fly to Perth. all flights were on time, so no missed connections . Dubai airport is so huge it is a nightmare finding places. i even had to take the electric train just to get to my gate number .

THIS IS ME TRAINING TO BE AN EMIRATES HOSTESS .LOL

LEAVING DUBAI

THE COASTLINE OF AUSTRALIA

Comment

VIEWS OF BUNBURY

Comment

OMG I WAS TRYING TO DELETE A PHOTO AS I HAD 2 THE SAME AND I HAVE JUST DELETED ALL MY POST.. WILL NEED TO START AGAIN .LOL

Comment

VISIT TO BUNBURY WESTERN AUSTRALIA 2016 I flew with Emirates this time. Dubai airport was so huge i got lost and had to keep asking for help. i even had to take the electric train just to reach my gate . all flights were on time so no problem with connections .. I did get caught in the katie storm in London.our hotel had steel panels blown off the hotel so we were diverted to get to Departures , luckily the storm passed just before i was due to fly out, so no problems .

THE GIRLS TRAINING ME UP TO BE AN EMIRATES HOSTESS..LOL

LEAVING DUBAI

THE COAST OF AUSTRALIA

[URL=http://s995.photobucket.com/user/kiki42_album/media/12932936_1096394840406119_687110810301178034_n_zps c0qucc8k.jpg.html][/URL

Comment

VIEWS OF BUNBURY WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Comment

Working...
                                X