This is Vancouver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Vancouver

visiting Vancouver before start of cruise.

on top of the revolving restaurant

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Re: This is Vancouver

inside The Four Seasons Hotel

view from the ship leaving Vancouver

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

A lovely city, hotel first class, and the lovely views from the revolving restaurant.

managed to catch the sea planes

Comment

Really like your report very much!!

Needless to say, I ended up looking at the seaplanes the most.
        The landing one there is a DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter, the forerunner to the DHC-6 Twin Otter which might be a bit more familiar.
        This particular one has been rebuilt with a turbine engine, and that we do NOT like we classic plane lovers...

The other plane there is a DHC-2 Beaver, and this particular one is owned by Jeffrey Carlin of Ketchikan, Alaska...., should anyone know him...
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

hi, now you mention Ketchikan, i may have taken that one there as well as Vancouver, Pleased you like them, i have just managed to add other threads on Alaska today, too many for one thread, so you may find them all over the place.

Comment

Vancouver is such a charming city... always wanted to go there: ALWAYS! Incredibly enough, I have never been there (yet)... Ahhhh...
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
            X