Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska towns

This is Skagway

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Re: Alaska towns

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Comment

This is Anchorage

Comment

Have i found a hotel for jan storli ?

Comment

Wonderful pictures of all Alaska places. Thank you for sharing them. For me it would be more easy to remember and find them again, if they were all in one "CaptainsVoyage"-report. But that is just my opinion? What do the others think? Spread such pictures in local and open threads like the Hotelroom-Tread or out them all just into one member-voyage-report???
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              Wonderful pictures of all Alaska places. Thank you for sharing them. For me it would be more easy to remember and find them again, if they were all in one "CaptainsVoyage"-report. But that is just my opinion? What do the others think? Spread such pictures in local and open threads like the Hotelroom-Tread or out them all just into one member-voyage-report???
              hi ralf, well i did have a problem thinking what thread to put photos on. I had too many to put on a thread such as 'this is Alaska,' as i covered so many different topics, I still have photos of my boat trip to see the whales to add so i may edit one thread and add it to that. Members are interested in different topics, so i had felt they may not want to look at too much on one thread only the threads they are interested in. I welcome any suggestions.

Comment

Christine and Ralf…I have to say I am feeling more with Christine in this where to post dilemma. Actually it is what I am doing just now… starting my cruise ship in Discovery’s thread and Tallinn in a new place thread in places of the world. I saw other cruise ships which will find their way into various threads, and other kinds of ships in appropriate sections…for example some Swedish ferries I passed coming into Stockholm I will probably post in ferries. However the Kiel Canal will be a separate thing for a rather special experience. From earlier travels I still have a couple of Greenland days to do….and I felt so strongly that the people pictures from that country had to be in a separate thread. Visits to Norway are the most likely to be spread over many threads. Some holidays feel like trips and others like a sequence of separate experiences.

I just do what feels right, though it is also influenced by how much time I am going to be able to spend preparing and posting and what I feel my priorities to be, or what I think people might specially like them to be (as in E going to Tallinn for the first time so soon after me). I always want to have CVF time to enjoy and take time to respond to other people’s marvellous contributions, even if that means I might not produce a “This is Leningrad” for a very long while! I still have photos of Thailand which I had hoped to return to once Greenland was completed. Ok, I must admit that right now project 366 is really slowing me down again…in one way I can see one photo a day shouldn’t, but the way I work and all that the project means to me, it just does.

I’m really enjoying your posts Christine, just do whatever feels right to you. Looking forward to those whales wherever they pop up!
                Last edited by Seagull; June 8th, 2011, 22:11. Reason: ...went and pressed submit before I spotted the spelling mistakes!

Comment

i actually took ages trying to work out where everything should go, I have just put on my boat trip, and tried to change my thread title to This is Alaska thread, dont think that worked. My camera is so simple i had a job to get the shots i wanted on the whales, i was so excited seeing them i didn't change my setting to do faster takes, and catch the tail of the humpback, some people said they didn't even get any good shots. I put the sunsets as we sailed College Fjord, but i may also add them to the sunset thread. As i said some members are interested in some topics so only look at that thread.

Comment

Thank you for your comments. From your point of view you are absolutely right. My thing ís more the report of a voyage. So we should do it as Cecilia told, just do as it feels right!! No severe rules in this forum, just friendly acting - wonderful!

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                    X