Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruising Glacier Bay and College Fjord Alaska

a fantastic journey through the Glaciers,

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Re: Cruising Glacier Bay and College Fjord Alaska

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af72/kiki42_album/DSCF1653.jpg[/

Comment

looking down from my balcony

on my balcony

Comment

Comment

This is Alaska

Cruising through the Glaciers was a wonder of the world, breathtaking all the way. The Captain actually stopped the ship and switched the engines off so we could here the thunder of the Glaciers as they are always moving, he did a full rotation of the ship very very slowly. sail away from Glacier Bay where the park rangers and naturalists from the Glacier Bay National Park have been on board. We cruised Glacier Bay and College Fjord, also boat trip along the Inside Passage to see whales.
            Last edited by kiki42; June 8th, 2011, 22:16. Reason: changing thread title

Comment

Re: This is Alaska

Boat trip Inside Passage, Juneau pods of killer whales

Comment

Re: This is Alaska

the catamaran

The humpback whales, i kept missing the tail when it dived, should have put camera on different setting.

Comment

cruising Glacier Bay and College Fjord Alaska,and Inside Passage

,the Inside Passage

first stop Ketchikan

Island Princess at Ketchikan

Comment

Re: cruising Glacier Bay and College Fjord Alaska,and Inside Passage

College Fjord to Whitter , catching the sunset late in the evening.

Comment

OH... I spotted the Norwegian Flag!! How cool is that!

Dear kiki,

Thank you so very much for letting us all join you on this cruise in so many posts and threads. Certainly a great cruise, from what I can see.

I have never done an Alaskan cruise, and that is just about the only place in the world I haven't cruise in my career.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

So Wonderful!! Those photos of the glacier are AMAZING, are the whales.

Jan-Olav--WHHAT???? You've never been to Alaska? HMMM me, either.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                          ......Jan-Olav--WHHAT???? You've never been to Alaska? HMMM me, either.
                          We better look into a Crystal cruise to that corner then.... HINT HINT HINT....

Imagine, waking up early in the morning, stepping out on to our adjacent balconies and looking at those quite fjords and glaciers.... chatting happily away through the tiny walls between our inter-connecting balconies while eating breakfast...
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

hi Jan Olav, It was a treat having a balcony, the ever changing scenery was a delight to be able to pop out and have a look. Did you notice on post #1 third one down the trees on the left of the Glacier give an insight into the actual size of the Glacier, amazing i thought. We had 17 decks and the park rangers told us the Glaciers were 3 times the hight of our ship. I have a snow bug now, thinking of going to Lapland again or maybe the Hurtigruten voyage to the Northern Lights. My daughter is over from Australia at christmas and as they never see snow thinks that would be a good idea !!!!!!! the fun of the snow mobiles and reindeer sledging is a must do. Can you recommend the ship, only information from brochure at the moment.

Comment

What stunning scenery to have from your room! Absolutely stunning Kiki. And fantastic to see the whales. I know myself just how hard it is to photograph marine life on the surface, a combination of the right setting on the camera, and really quick reflexes me thinks! My camera is an old 'point and shoot' jobby, next to useless for things like Dolphins, the auto-focus always made me miss the shot.

Those glaciers looked truly amazing, did you get to see bits falling off? Must be a fantastic sight. I am also always amazed at our some of these cruise ships really dwarf the place they visit, towering above the houses. Would seem strange to me to see a mobile block of flats turn up at the end of my street.
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                              X