Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth Hour 2011! Switch off your lights for one hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Earth Hour 2011! Switch off your lights for one hour

    Earth Hour 2011! Switch off your lights for one hour

    Earth Hour is coming up and I look forward to seeing all your images of a dark neighborhood, or dark city!

    Earth Hour 2009! Switch off your lights for one hour tonight

    Earth Hour 2011! Switch off your lights for one hour tonight
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

    #2
    In Trondheim, they switched off the lights the wrong night:

    http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/article1605234.ece
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

    Comment


      #3
      Seeing how few of you participated with images the two past years, it'll be interesting to see you all surprise me this year...

      (Yes, that is a challenge!)
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        Seeing how few of you participated with images the two past years, it'll be interesting to see you all surprise me this year...

        (Yes, that is a challenge!)
        So far, and similar to past years, not a single reply.... and this is something that happens in Norway in about an hours time!

        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

        Comment


          #5
          They are turning off the lights on normally illuminated buildings in Edinburgh such as the castle, the Scott Monument and the Scottish Parliament. I have enough difficulty taking night photos of these things when lit, let alone when they aren’t! – and I’m not at my city centre location at the moment anyway.

          So while I turned off the lights for an hour I took this… not special as a photo, but it’s the thought that counts.


          Comment


            #6
            I've had it on my calendar since you told us...and I am waiting....3 hours to go!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              They are turning off the lights on normally illuminated buildings in Edinburgh such as the castle, the Scott Monument and the Scottish Parliament. I have enough difficulty taking night photos of these things when lit, let alone when they aren’t! – and I’m not at my city centre location at the moment anyway.

              So while I turned off the lights for an hour I took this… not special as a photo, but it’s the thought that counts.


              I love the composition of this image: absolutely wonderful! There is so much meaning and emotion in that composition. Well done Lady C! I knew you could pull it off!

              Here are some familiar images around the world:

              http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/03/26/n...iljo/15965899/

              http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/innenr...cle1610249.ece

              Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) in Bangkok:

              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

              Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

              Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                I....There is so much meaning and emotion in that composition. Well done Lady C! I knew you could pull it off! ....
                So pleased I somehow managed not only to find something relevant to photograph, but something meaningful –I had been so determined that your reminder should not go ignored this year.
                Just one small extra bit of relevance in that image to make you smile… that globe is actually the sort that plugs in and lights up inside like a lamp, so it truly was an Earth Hour thing to see that small world in candlelight!

                (Oh and thank you for showing us Wat Arun…amazingly it’s now just over a year since I was there and climbed up all those steep steps )

                Comment


                  #9
                  200.000 light bulbs were switched off in Trondheim during Earth Hour:

                  http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/okonom...cle1610925.ece
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                  Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                  Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X