this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nr 13 the graveyard bastion
    i havn't rotate the image,now the view is the same as the google eart image southwest stays southwest

why?

Last edited by janihudi; March 27th, 2011, 20:05.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

this one was not readable,but the strainge thing is the R.I.P on the stone,instead of ''rust in vrede''
      best regards Thijs

Comment

nr 19 a look out or a latrine?

best regards Thijs

Comment

over the earth wall at the backside of the castle 9with the emergency exit) to the gate nr 7

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

In #122.2 the R.I.P. is only the Latin version of your Dutch phrase, isn't it? Isn't it sometimes used on Dutch gravestones instead of "rust in vrede", Thijs?
              I've saved the picture and fiddled with the midtones,etc. but can't quite get enough of the whole inscription to decide whether it is Dutch, Latin or another language - or dialect! I'll have another go later.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

A wonderful tour of a very interesting area that I would very much like to visit and see myself in the future.

In summer I bet this is a perfect place!

A bike, a picnic, and with friends taking pictures... so much to see.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

wel Ivy ,it was hardly readableonly the R.I.P
                  didn't look if it was latin,
                  maybe thatswhy i couldend read it.
                  R.I.P i know stands for, rest in peace.

let me know when Jan -Olav,there are more family members that would come over to see it.
                  you can take a bike go everywhere you want,step on board of a ferry.
                  they have a tour here over several ferries for about 20 km i believe,mostly over the dijks,but you can go where you want.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Is it this weekend you go to Texel, Thijs - I can't find the post where you mentioned it? And Search, talking through the back of its head, just says it's not there. Anyway, enjoy yourself and don't forget the spoonbills. The first one arrived there 14 Feb., this year.
                    When you return, I've a couple of questions about some pics. I'm still catching up, though, and getting very excited.....
                    Ivy

Comment

yes Ivy,we driving of around 8.30,meeting up with cornel and marijke around 9.oo.
                      wesley and indy are gooing with us,so a lot of cv members

the post you were looking for was in ''harmonie II''.

didn't know it too enymore,but when you go to somebody profile and look under the avater,you see some tasks,one of them is ''find all posts'',click on it and every post the member did shows up,unfortenaly not in line that they have placed,so the first post can also stands in the middle of them all.(or that most be chanced now),so if you do that at pakarang,you can make a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEery big pot of tea,before you have read them all.

so a quistion for you ivy,(probally not reading it before monday,promesed my wife not to take the laptop,and when i do,only using it for looking at the images we're taken)
                      ''spoonbill'' translationside don't know it.
                      = is that the menubill we had of the restaurant.
                      probellay no bills,because we hired a villa/bungalow at a farm,all incl except the food and drinks,but with bedsheets, towels etc,so i only take 1 pair of socks and 1 underpants.
                      (which wil be turned inside out after 2 days)

and because the first arrived 14 february,it wont probally not a menubill.

but a spoon is here a ''lepel''
                      and a bill is ''de rekening'',
                      so thats why i cam up with a menubill,but i think i am totally wrong.

so have a very nice weekend,just as we get,(the wheater forecast is excelent,sunday not as warm as tomorrow,but dry and maybe rain on monday,the last time i looked,don't mined,monday late morning we drive back)
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks for telling me about the way to find a person's posts, Thijs, must remember that. It was somewhere buried at the back of my mind, but I'd forgotten it. Mind you, with all your posts I would have had a long job finding Texel anyway! I just thought it was on this thread.
                        I tried translating spoonbill, and it came out as "lepelaar" in Dutch. It is a bird with a long bill ending in a spoon shape. I tried just "spoon" and that translated as "lepel" in Dutch, so that sounds OK. Texel is well known for its lepelaar in the bird world, and when you mentioned you were going there I immediately thought of it. I Googled, and apparently the 14 Feb. is very early for its arrival.
                        Take a photo ..... or else !!!
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          Take a photo ..... or else !!!
                          you are gonna bee violent person ,don't you.
                          first i have to pay you to keep my secrets secret,and now you are making me affraid again,when iám not coming home with photo's.

luckley i made images of our weekend.
                          wesley is starting a thread over the isle of texel,and there come the images of us.

about your spoonbill,i thought to buy a spoon,take a image of the bill,and you got your spoonbill.
                          marijke looked friday at her mobilephone translation and that came up with lepelaar,od that the translationsite didn't know it.

well i would be the laugh of the weekend with my menubill.

you made me look like stupid again,young lady,the next time i'll
                          when i don't know it
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh Thijs, I would never want to make you look stupid , it was the translation site that was at fault, not you. I'm also at fault, I should have found the Dutch word for you and also I should have said "beak" in my explanation, not "bill". I did think of that after reading your reply but by then you would have gone. Forgive me, eh?
                            I used Google to translate and it gave lepelaar straight away. Funny thing about "bill" and "beak", thinking about it it seems that although both can be used for any bird it is more usual to say "bill" when referring to a wading bird.

you made me look like stupid again,young lady,the next time i'll when i don't know it
                            Oh, now I'm feeling dreadful.

about your spoonbill,i thought to buy a spoon,take a image of the bill,and you got your spoonbill.
                            You're never at a loss for an answer, are you!

Wonder if he did find the wretched bird?????
                            Ivy

Comment

marijke has googled also on her mobile,and that also says right away lepelaar,but the translationsite i normaly use gave me the same word back.
                              he always do that if he can't find the word,as translation he gives it back to me.
                              as he did also with bill.with spoonbeak i would probally found it out.
                              now i was typing lepelaar and he came up with spoonbill,i type spoonbill and he give me lepelaar,stupid translationsite.

Oh, now I'm feeling dreadful.
                              you should be, yes

You're never at a loss for an answer, are you!
                              nope,when is about nonsens and bulls**t i almost always have a answer,when is comes at heavy (serius) stuff,i don't know what to say,always afraid that i use the wrong words and give them an even more bad feeling,even in dutch i am carefull with what i say

Wonder if he did find the wretched bird?????
                              wretched bird would be an ''ellendige vogel'',if you revering that to yourself,don't bother,i am a forgiving person.
                              and i wil never forget what a SPOONBILL
                              is.

i'm still learning more and more every day about the english language,
                              but when you are coming over to holland ,i only speak dutch to you,
                              lets see who is rolling and over the ground.

btw,this afternoon i saw another spoonbeak,in south west holland,i come very often there and never seen one, (or notice it) when i came back i surch for him/her but didn't see the bird anymore,pitty.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

I have my customer appointment at 30th of May, folks! So hopefully we will have a wonderful meeting at 28./29....

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X