X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best regards Thijs

Comment

the stables,city hall at the right

a terras at the city hall (city hall at the back,stables around the corner right.

with a view into the hoogstraat,with 350 meters further the hotel
      best regards Thijs

Comment

not old ,but a nice detail

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          (btw are you a man or a woman,never seen your real name,and nobody calls you with you first name,even Cecilia not,and she knows everything, whats happen here.)
          ah, you're right, I'm quite careful not to give my real name . Scotland is a small community and I'm one of these people who doesn't like attention. I am female .
          Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          i'll take you on a tour through woerkum,you can make a day full here.
          That sounds good- the river cruise & excursions were like an exploratory journey, introducing the countries. To really find out about somewhere, we need to return and mix with the locals; best of all eating where the locals eat.

Still got to write the review of the river cruise too- hopefully soon

Comment

the arms shield on the wal,with the prisongate at my right.

a figurine of Jacoba van Beieren.

this was the tour through woerkum ,from a sunday afternoon.
            will make a better tour and more details images.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
              ah, you're right, I'm quite careful not to give my real name . Scotland is a small community and I'm one of these people who doesn't like attention. I am female .
              ah,so i can skip every Tom, **** and Harry names,but we have to respect that.
              Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
              That sounds good- the river cruise & excursions were like an exploratory journey, introducing the countries. To really find out about somewhere, we need to return and mix with the locals; best of all eating where the locals eat.
              wel overhere wil start soon the fishbake contest,but i don't like fish.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

:i can just run through it,or make detailed images,that shows it all,and even now i didn't do it right.
                look at images of post 73, the brickwork above the head,now further images.STUPID
                Whatever are you on about, man! Stupid????? Rubbish. There's nothing stupid about what you have posted here.
                My maps are ready and I sat down to start from the beginning again on my tour of Woudrem, but you've raced ahead and I've been looking at the latest. Do you know, the wrought iron decorations #70.1 and #71 are beautiful, in fact the whole facade of these twin houses is an amazing display of skill of different kinds, isn't it?
                Do you know anything of their history, e.g. were they built as merchants' houses? Whoever built them must have been very rich to afford such skilled work.
                Brickwork, wrought iron, plaques of many kinds.... [Yes, salamander is the same in English as in Dutch]
                Are they just residential now, Thijs, or have they another use?
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Somehow, although I refreshed before posting, a whole lot more has appeared which I hadn't seen when writing. Must wake Firefox up! (Psst.. I knew Gaelsail was one of the superior *** as there was a quick reference to husband somewhere a long time ago.)
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i most have overread that part of her husband,but then again,i can't read everything.
                    when gaelsail is from the superior ***e,then most it be a MAN
                    nananananaaaana.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

it was a nice weather today,so went out.
                      not in woerkum,but on the other side,''slot loevestein'' ,''loevestein castle''.
                      so here are a few.more have to surch them out.

best regards Thijs

Comment

as you can see,not a big castle

best regards Thijs

Comment

totally forgotten the google images

1= woerkum
                          mill is the mill
                          15= the view over the 3 rivers at the salmonfisherman
                          2= the foot ferry
                          3=footpath that goes from the ferry beside the castle to the parkingplace nr 5.
                          ferry-castle 400meters ,castle-parkingplace 300 meters.
                          (there is also a footpath trough the meadows south of the fortress that goes from roughly,ware nr 3 stands to the parkingplace nr5 ,the lightcolord path.
                          a survival trip walking between wild cows and horses,so not for sissies)
                          4= mooring place passingerfery/watertaxi
                          5= parkingplace

Last edited by janihudi; March 26th, 2011, 09:00. Reason: add info
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

you know i,m lazy,why typing, when they did it for me.

this is al for now
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

parking the car at the parking place nr. 5 (didn't know that there was a parkingplace nr 20 across the gate too.) we walked over the road/footpath nr 3 were you get
                              this view of loevestein castle

walking below the fortified wall nr 18

onto the gate
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

before turning left to the bridge at the right,nr 4 the passingerferry bridge that brings you from there to Woudrichem,Gorinchem and Vuren.

but back to the casle,the bridge nr. 6

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X