this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the marina

with above the red sailboat,the former JANIHUDI. (with the big windows)

Last edited by janihudi; March 6th, 2011, 19:47. Reason: speedboat is a sailboat
    best regards Thijs

Comment

from the marina there goes a little ferry to castle ''slot loevestein''

best regards Thijs

Comment

a better look at ''slot loevestein'',aldo it don't belong to our communitie,is the castle welknown in relation to woerkum.
        but in early days it was a prisoner that belongs to Woerkum.
        netherland is divided in the years and slot loevstein lays in another province now

canon number ehhh? lost counting

Last edited by janihudi; March 7th, 2011, 21:13.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

I am looking forward, Thijs! It will be warmer and there will be leaves at the trees, but some day we will continue this thread together! Looks like a beautiful place!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

This has been so interesting, Thijs. Thank you for the way you have shown it, with the map and the places numbered. That way it felt you were really walking around Woerkum. Lovely. And there was the ex-Janihudi, as well!
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

it's a nice old place Ralf,but not a big place,without photografing you walk it around over the wal within 30 min.
              i'm looking forward too Ralf.

well Ivy, when someone shows images, i want to know how it is located,comparing with other images.
              don't know why,maybe it is that i want to image the whole place in my head,as you said if i am there.
              that is also the reason that i am often on google earth,just looking how it is situated.

the JANIHUDI is only to see from the water,so most take a little river cruise to see her. (or buy a BIG lens)
              best regards Thijs

Comment

a look into a old looking street,mostly newly build in old style,exept the big house in the middle,the city hall. (later more)

a lot to see here.

a statue of the salmonfisher in the front

MISS Giessen
                with the best in show of croffts, Indy.
                sitting at one of the most beautifull points of Woerkum,the fortifeid wal at the 3 rivers.
                this is at nr 15
                best regards Thijs

Comment

de zalmvisser,the salonfisher

looking from the fortress wall from point 15 with the visitors pontoon in the foreground to ''de bol'' in the background,the place were the janihudi moored for her ferrytrips to Gorinchem or Gorcum as we say.

best regards Thijs

Comment

were the roof is was a scackbar,always a lot of people was here at sunday's for chitchat, looking,meeting and snacking.BUT woerkum wanted his historical looks back,so the snackbar had to go,and now is ''de bol'' a dead part of Woerkum,but they have there historical looks back.

with on the rightside the gangway for the ferry,in the time of the janihudi there lays a pontoon.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

and here we have another historical old building, ''de gevangenpoort'' ,the prisongate.nr 11
                      now a expensive restaurant,cauliflower soup,9,50 euro.with the prises of today ,i could buy me 5 cauliflowers,i can eat for 5 days then.
                      main meal around 26.00 euro,yeah right.

images taken with backside to water
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

from the otherside.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and with my backside to the prisongate,the last gate,de waterpoort. the watergate nr.3

at the leftside you see a white building visafslag''de hoop''.the fishauction.

when you go through this gate,it is just a dead end street,you can only turn and come back. (with a car),bike and mopeds can take the passingerferry,right ahead.

the water hights in passed years,they always talked about the flood of 1953,but as you can se 1993 and 1995 were higher and 1926 even more higher.

in the grey slots they placed wooden beams and between those beams they filled it up with sand these days.
                          centuries back they filled it up with horse manure.
                          Last edited by janihudi; March 16th, 2011, 22:12.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

de bol, the bol,dont know why it is this name.
                            years back a busy point with the snackbar that stand against the wall at the rightside,the street was narrower then.
                            (shell look for old images when the water was inside the snackbar)

when you make a 180degrees turn,you see the historical harbour.

and looking to the left you see this,

with the hotel in the middle of the image and the images from the start of this thread were taken from the top of the gras wall
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              I love this building. Buildings like this only exist in the USA as fake copies in amusement parks.
                              Last edited by pilotdane; March 17th, 2011, 02:06.

Comment

but then again,the USA don't exists as long as europe.i have to look in the BIG book about Woerkum when it's built,if it is noted.

here is the other ''beer'',waterbarrier.nr 13.
                                also to close the gap between the walls and dijk,but this one had no munk in the middle like the other.
                                don't know if he is demolished,or ever been there.
                                but they have build a bridge for walkers,from the surburbs to get a closer walk to the city or ferry.
                                the bridge get the name ''het kippenbruggetje'',''chicken bridge''

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X