and when it was build

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

find the hotel Ivy

best regards Thijs

Comment

we are just at the border here,the darkbleu is from 0 to -6 meter below sealever,the lightbleu is from o to 5 meter above sealevel
          without the dykes the darkbleu pieces of Holland would be under water at the daily floodtimes,Always.
          the lighterbleu parts just depents how high the daily flood would be
          the purple Arrow is where Woudrichem is

i had seen images of the flood of 1953,some Streets and land are flooded
          best regards Thijs

Comment

an old Aero photo of Woudrichem.old as in pre 1998

the historical port issn't there yet.

something which is old, is in black and white. for images

hmmm the last image forgot to place
            the forgotten image,

Last edited by janihudi; May 20th, 2018, 11:09.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, I came to the thread with so many things to say about the photos and now there are many more for me to study - and I have to find the hotel! A quick run through assures me that they show so much of interest. But now I'll have to stop, that is for tomorrow.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

a few of saterday,market day

best regards Thijs

Comment

the last survivers of the junk market ( garage sale, but then al together in a street)

best regards Thijs

Comment

for the image of 560-1, i was googling for a good Airphoto to show how it was in my youth without the historical port.

this was in 1977

same image,
                    red ring without the mill
                    red line without the historical port,
                    in the yellow ring a ''leftover'' of the port or a ''new'' digged pond

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

they were all from the same flight

best regards Thijs

Comment

this was from 1993 ,i also had placed some images here of that flood
                          without the historical port

the wall in the gate is placed,the snackbar, imbiss, fish and chips is flooded
                          and the black pontoon for the ferry in front of the gate.

and the flood of 2018

best regards Thijs

Comment

also found also 2 rotten images with the ''janihudi''

moored at the pancakeboat

arriving at Gorichem

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs! You are presenting a splendid photographic account of Woudrichem past and present. Several times I've come to these pages to do a Reply only to find yet more images posted, and so have spent a long time studying them. But I will do that reply! And by the way, in #558.2, I think the old post office/hotel is the red-roofed building just at the left of the large clump of trees. Am I correct?
                              Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes. Thats right

Right, now I can comment on the photos of the festival. It's very useful having those maps, it makes it easy to follow the photos and text. I enjoy studying the images of some of the contestants in the fish-baking competition, some of them looking quite casual about the whole thing - full of confidence, while there is concentration on the faces of others. Great portraits of them all. It must have been a very delicious smell wafting along that street! I looked up "poon" and in English it is apparently a gurnard. I don't know that one and have never (knowingly) eaten any!
                              Then there were the canvas bag makers and those making small nets - there were some of the latter at Dordrecht.
                              I remember a blacksmith being there when you took me, but I can't recall whether he was making anything at that moment. The fisherwomen's choir - oh, I remember that very well, and have their CD,
                              The other choir wasn't there that day, though, at least I don't think so.
                              Did they have a demonstration of fishing with the mother-boat and the zalmschauwen, as they did when we were there? There was one of the boats in the museum, do you remenber?
                              Somewhere in this thread you once showed some photos of the fair at night, with all the brilliant lights - I had a quick look the other day but it needs time to find them!
                              You have presented a lovely kaleidoscope of the Woudrichem festival, Thijs, thank you very, very much. There is so much detail, making it come alive. And there are other pics., too. I love those at #537, particularly the second one - just a perfect scene with the white flowers along the bank echoing the clouds, then the old city hall, views of and from the mill - and that was interesting to see the photo of the original one. Even more, it was fascinating to see the older picures of Woudrichem before the historic port was made and also during the floods. And the pics. of your Janihudi - great!
                              Thanks again!
                              Ivy

Comment

Working...
                              X