Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best regards Thijs

Comment

the wanted to restore the old waterpomp,but feld apart while dooing it.
      they had removed it completely to restore it totally.
      and after that replaced it to here

best regards Thijs

Comment

Nice collection Thijs!

I hope some day I can also take a walk in such beautiful surroundings. The place has a really great charm and atmosphere to it. There is so much architecture and history in old buildings like this.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          It would have been nice if the city was bigger.
          Within a hour i'm around it

Very moodfull!

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks .

It would have been nice if the city was bigger.
        Within a hour i'm around it
        No Thijs. It is the size of Woerkum that is part of the attraction. That such a small area was granted city status back in the 14th century entices visitors to explore, and the fact that they can walk round it in an hour means that they can get a really comprehensive feeling for it. You have known it since childhood, so perhaps it is difficult to stand back and see it for what it is. But for those like myself who are just visitors there is, yes, a familiarity, but a familiarity that makes me want to hug it to myself as a special place. Looking at your photos makes me long to be back there. To most viewers it is just another interesting small town, but to me every building, every view of the rivers, every walk brings it alive because I have been there, done that, seen so much. I never tire of seeing all your views.
        I'm surprised that Nuestra Casa has taken so long to sell. I should have bought it and then, when I stayed there for long holidays all of us could have got together - you four, Cornel and Marijke, Elli and partner.....great!
        Big sigh............
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

PS. I was just about to grumble that you never show the old post-office-that-was, when suddenly there it was. At last! I wonder if the swallows are there again above my balcony, swooping down and around quite regardless of us standing there chatting?
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            as reply for the swallows, it's the same as in the post below this one,didn't been there since long time.i had to take a look there this weekend.
            it's the festival weekend, with the fish baking contest.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          I'm surprised that Nuestra Casa has taken so long to sell. I should have bought it and then, when I stayed there for long holidays all of us could have got together - you four, Cornel and Marijke, Elli and partner.....great!
          wel i don't know since when it's sold,i'm not walking there every week.
          btw ,the image was taken at january the 14th oeps well water shall be much lower now
          also i don't know if the post office annex hotel is sold now.
          if not and i was rich i bought it,and room 9 was forever yours.
          the other cvf members that would take a visit, well they have to look for a hammock by themself.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

went to woerkum today, it's the annual festival weekend again.
            today the fishbaking contest and tonight the regatta on the river
            saterday the market and not to forget the mega fair. pfff

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Confusing Dutchie. You start off with "went to Woerkum today..." I thought to myself "skiving again!"
              Come on, where are all the other weekend photos?!

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              weekend issn't over my dear

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Get a move on then. (yes, it has remembered me now!)

evry year there is the festival weekend in Woudrichem.
            which starts at ascension day and last till saterday night
            not a big fuss, Thursday fish baking Friday the regatta on the river and saterday the market, while the whole weekend there is a fair. (not even worth to mention,but there is not much place at the parking lot ,so only the bumpercars, a shooting tent , a marry go round for the little kids ,a candy car and another little kids attraction.)

again a map, thats guide you

the yellow line is how we walked,the numbers in the map above guide how we walkes
            the red line is where the fish baking was
            the pink line is where at saterday is the market

best regards Thijs

Comment

from the parkingplace (1) we walked to (2) the bridge at the inundation lock with a few at the 2 highlights of Woudrichem
              the mill and the church

the inlet from the river maas

best regards Thijs

Comment

this locks are a part of the ''waterlinie'' a line over Holland from Amsterdam to the south to flood that part of the Netherlands during the war to keep the crowded part of holland safe.
                that part is the west of Netherland with the big cities Amsterdam,Rotterdam and the Hague.
                that was before WWII, when the airplanes came ift was not much of use anymore
                best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

but here is where it's al about,the fish baking contest.
                    the main fish here at the contest is the rode poon and salmon.

http://www.fishbase.se/summary/1366

best regards Thijs

Comment

it's welknown here in the region,but also in the rest of the Netherlands,with participants from the rest of holland.
                      every year about 30 amature fish backing participants
                      but as you can see, Ivy's frying pan full with oil and let the fish swim.
                      on the way the fisherman of the old days did it on there small boats.
                      the baked fish will be tested at color, well baked ,taste and overall quality

and the most participants use the authentic firedevel burner like they had them on there boats, a wood burner,
                      others use a gas burner. which give them a more constant temprature
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

though it's not required that you are dressed in cloths of that time or looks or your stand had to have a authentic look,many of them do it.

the nets are there not for show.
                        the burners are burning hot,and the oil is minimum 180degrees celcius.
                        adults should know to stay away from it,but childeren???

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                        X