No announcement yet.

this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can seen that they (mostly kids) a wearing a key on a rope around there neck.
    to place it somewhere in (al over the castle),and they can do things.
    like here they have to make the right mix for gunpowder with the bags on the barrels,place them on the scale and if right a flash and loud gun noise will sound.(image are with flash taken,but it's not that light in there,notice kid on the right ,closing his ears)

best regards Thijs

Comment

on the first floor they had made a time scale from start till now of Loevestein Castle and what happend in the world during that time.
      in the glass showboxes ,Loevestein and the renovation and expansion through those years

(i have to find out why this is happening with the pics,so annoying)
      best regards Thijs

Comment

It certainly is annoying, Thijs. I had a quick look at your pics. on PicturePush because I wondered whether it might be that PP switched the portrait format pics. to landscape because they are very large. But I see that that doesn't apply to your photos of the birds, many of which are correctly in portrait format on PP. Then I noticed that in one or two cases there were two bird pics. in a single post, the top one in landscape but the other incorrectly also in lanscape. I thought - is PP lumping them together and applying the format of the first one to both? But that didn't work either.
        Finally I wondered if it is when you upload several pics at the same time PP just gives them all the same format as the first of the bunch.
        Then I gave up!

Anyway, I have enjoyed seeing these images of the Loevestein armoury. Thanks, Thijs.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i had taken (camera) them in portrait position ,in the map they are upright,but pp turns them in landscape.
          but it is somewhere in the laptop it's happens,if i place the same image with the old laptop the pic is in protrait.

pictures are only uploaded from jpeg,nef are to big.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

i was saterday cleanig my mailbox,and the adres of the buyer of the ''altena 1'' or ''janihudi'' showed up.​never mailed him because of his weird adres.
            but never shooten,is never win.
            so i gave it a try that saterday.
            today i got a reply of the man,
            this is his mail
            Dear Thijs Vink

Thank you for your email. It is indeed the right address and I am the very happy owner of Altena 1.
            I have kept Altena 1's name, as I believe a historic ferry like her deserves to be honored by that history.
            I have restored her very gently, with respect for all the details and am still working on the project.
            This April, we were in dry dock and she has been repainted and cared for all these years.
            I have attached some pictures of the work. Altena 1 is in very good hands and I am happy that I could make her sail and beautiful again.
            I hope you like the pictures. All rust has been removed, and I tried a new color on her hull. But the pictures speak for them self, I think.

Again thanks.
            Very warm regards

Claus
            so i'm happy now,and send him a new mail with more quistions.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Good new for you. Now you can watch what is happening and maybe even be invited for a trip once the "project" is done. Happy for you.

Comment

Thanks Ombugge. I hope of more images of her. Also for which purpose he.bought her
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Congratulations! Send him a link to our forum, perhaps he is interested to join, i guess some of us would like to follow her story.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Incredible great news, Thijs.
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

This is a lovely story Thijs. Looking very much like a happy ending.

I think you must own the film rights!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

thank you all.
                        ​got a new mail from him.
                        he use it as a houseboat ,it's roomy and bright,but it is a project for longer time.
                        she is moored now just outside of Copenhagen Danmark.
                        also when i was in the neighberhood i was invited to come see her.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good. It is only a few hours drive away. Next long weekend maybe??

For those who intrested in her, Here is his instagram acount, Clausstainstrup. There are more images of the worldfamous "janihudi", of how she looks now.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

made some images this night.
                          there was a winterfair today,but wet and cold.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Very atmospheric pictures Thijs.

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thanks Yves
                            not the best weather,cold wet and rain,so made a few and go further.
                            i would see at home how it went.
                            btw,not that good

raindrops on the lens,not a filter or photoshopping

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X