this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Dear Thijs and Ivy…I felt so very sad to read about the Janihudi…such ups and downs of emotion, but I am so thankful Ivy that you have forever your memories – and your photos – of actually visiting her and having stepped aboard.
    I know it’s awful to think of such a dear little ship abroad and in the hands of strangers, but I’m kind of hoping it is Sweden …at least we have some of our CVF family there, and who knows, maybe track her down and go to see she is not neglected.

Comment

Thank you Cecilia. It is strange how attached I have become to the little ship, it was such fun when several CVF members joined in a fantasy of buying her and renovating her to look like the Janihudi was when the little boy Thijs first took his turn at mooring her and then having a trip as reward for his work! Yes, I am thankful for my photos, including two or three of Thijs on board.
      But if I, a newcomer, feel like this, how must Thijs feel who has lived with the boat most of his life, albeit at a distance in later years. It was always there, near home, and he saw it every time he went to Woudrichem.
      We will have to set Tommi on her trail, to see if she goes to Sweden.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i was forgotten to ask if there was a possabillety to ask if the buyer would sent me photo's and where she goes to,so i can with some cv members kidnap her and bring her home where she belongs.
        i don't even know what the buyer wants to make of her Cecelia,maybe a bunkervessel for riverboats.
        the horror,the HORROR
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Well, Thijs. Try to find out who is the buyer and then you will get more information.
          Personally i don't believe that someone will take the vessel the long way over to Denmark or Sweden to use her as a bunker vessel. For me someone recognized the elegant and old fashioned hull. Maybe she will be converted in a sailing vessel?
          I am convinced she will have a brighter future than her life during the past years. If you will ask friendly, i am sure they will allow you to get in contact with the new owner. Maybe he is open to support a new thread in here???
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

i was last monday at the pancake restaurant to give my e-mail adres,to ask them for give it to the buyer.
            he said that the buyer wil come wednesday,and will sail at thursday,to Denmark.
            so lets hope that he gave him my adres,but he said that they wil sail with her and not as a yacht,but for tourist trips.
            so i wait.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, I'm heartbroken for you and the Janihudi, that she has now actually left her home. And what makes me sadder is that I was away so knew nothing about her leaving date. I would have been thinking about little "Botje" all that day and imagining her on her way to Denmark.
              The one good thing is that she will give lots of visitors a great deal of happiness, Thijs. They will take photos and always remember the trip they had on her during their holidays and I think that is better than being a private yacht, used only now and again.
              It will almost be like old times for her, to and fro on regular trips and lots of new people.
              As soon as you hear anything you must tell me.
              Ivy

Comment

there is some delay probally,wesley drove over the dyke yesterday,and she was still there.
                maybe he was 1 week wrong,today europe have a day off,maybe they think a nice day to pick her up.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                I think that is better than being a private yacht, used only now and again.
                not for me though.but fase it,i would have sail much with her,i'm not a holiday figure.so maybe a few hours and thats it.
                i just want to have her,as from my childhoodmemories

oh and Ralf,her draft is 1.20 meters.
                Last edited by janihudi; May 9th, 2013, 08:57.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

and today ,she was still there,maybe the buyer went bankrupsy.hoihoihoi
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

A draft of 1,20 meters would have been O.K. for most of the French waterways. I think fetching her is not a week-end activity so let's wait and see. Perhaps this is a better opportunity to get in contact with the owners...

Comment

Are you thinking of buying her for another trip to Ivy's bridge, Ralf?
                      Ivy

Comment

I think she is sold to Denmark and that's it. So sentence two and three of this post meant the new owners.

It was just an idea we followed some time ago and made some drawings.
                        There is not enough free money at the moment to realize such a project. We first have to pay our own property and we don't know how much money is needed for the education / studies of our children. We could think about it in maybe five years???

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          I think she is sold to Denmark and that's it. So sentence two and three of this post meant the new owners.
                          I know - I was just kidding.
                          Ivy

Comment

As you can see, i am not completely kidding, it is kind of a dream and i love to follow it...

Comment

the administrator of the pancake restaurant mailed me today,she wil sail today.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, will you go? It will hurt, but you have the chance to speak to the owner or whoever is there.
                                If you go, tell the Janihudi that I'm thinking of her so much.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X