Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    de bol, the bol,dont know why it is this name.
    years back a busy point with the snackbar that stand against the wall at the rightside,the street was narrower then.
    (shell look for old images when the water was inside the snackbar)

at this place stands the cafeteria,which had to go, in the middle ages ,there was no cafeteria.idiots,if they had a mobile cafeteria with engine in those days.

you just can't see how high the water was
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      Who are they? What are they going to do??

the wall where the ''viswijvenkoor'' set,is the same wall as where they painted
      stop de moord op walvissen ,''stop the killing of whales''.

but again no view at the gatedam,but waterlevel was about there ware the asses of the woman are,the sitting woman i mean.

thewater at the right side ,is what now is the historical port,at that time there was no port,just a meadow.

at the wall at the right side of the image,at the border of image,there was taken next image.
      Last edited by janihudi; January 13th, 2013, 15:15.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

thewater at the right side ,is what now is the historical port,at that time there was no port,just a meadow.

at the wall at the right side of the image,at the border of image,there was taken next image.
        i take this was from about the same place

like Baron von Munchhausen.

the 3 rivers and the port intrence

the signs at the landend warn't placed that time,so don't think that the water is THAT high
        Last edited by janihudi; January 13th, 2013, 15:33.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

and the bridge that brings you out of woerkum nr2 (only exit)

i'm standing here about where the car is parked,and behind the trees were ''janihudi'' is moored,so in the turn were ''schapendam'' stands
          high water image taking in direction Woudrichem to gate 2.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Now you have really made me sad, homesick for little Woerkum. It's such a lovely place, so self-contained. Thank you for spending so much time sorting out those old photos and matching them up, Thijs, I've really enjoyed the comparisons. Has there been much by way of floods this year so far?
            And I've been meaning to ask you for some time, did the Janihudi bring up St. Nicolas on 6 December last? Or don't they do it any more?
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

and this was the first of them Ivy,but you'll see that soon.
              no much water till now,maybe later,winter issn't over jet.
              i dont know if she had sail last year,they have done it in the evening also last year,
              so the little kids could walk with paper lantarns.

the flood of 1993 ,explanation will come later,but hee,thats weird, a ''famous'' vessel,but rare name.

and one with normal river level.

best regards Thijs

Comment

taken at the place as where Ralf sitss on the canon.

with at the wall the mooring pontoon for the ''janihudi''

as you see no historical port,but watch the little tree in the forground,it wil come back
                you seen this one,so just as a reverence

you can very well see the level on normale level and flood level at the wall,on the right side.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

the city sign plate (the most left on the image) in the water is at the road,well road is to much for a goat path what let you go to the camping,and that was where now the road is behind the tug in the image above.

al the poles in the water (below) is where the fisherman hang there nets on

the image above shows the place where is now the the place of the overview below ,the place where the vessels are mored above point 6

and here where

Originally posted by cornel View Post
                  the three ladies

walked

]

a little left of point 6 at the point of the wall which is also Ralfs canon place i take the image below.
                  the triangle shape on the pole in the water is the point right next to the beach

if we look at the overview image then every was overflooded from where the ''janihudi'' lays,so from point 10,to north of Woudrichem 15 ,3 ,6,7,13 and along the dijk ''goenendijk'' and also the landsend between the rivers to loevestein castle was water.
                  and this was 1993
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

A good illustration, Thijs, of the 1993 flood, the comparison photos and your summing up with the aid of the map bring out the extent of it very clearly. Thank you very, very much.
                    This was the year after I retired and yet I can't remember what, if anything, happened over here. It couldn't have been very much.
                    Ivy

Comment

but i dont know eather what happend in that year Ivy,i do know that i was the father of a 1 year and 4 months old kid,called wesley,time flies.
                      nothing odd on post 321-1 Ivy?

the upcoming images i was in doubt why i take them .they are the same,but then i notice some of them had the same kind of sky,others had wilder water,and at last i see the more growed tree.compare the images of the 93 flood and the 95 flood
                      again the floods of 93 and 95,the flood of 95 was 24 cm higher

flood of 93

flood of 95

Last edited by janihudi; January 19th, 2013, 19:31.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

and the ''janihudi'' at the end of the pier of the new company,so more or less the ''janihudi 10'',and further away, Loevestein Castle

best regards Thijs

Comment

the city sign plate (the most left on the image) in the water is at the road,well road is to much for a goat path what let you go to the camping,and that was where now the road is behind the tug in the image above.

watch the little tree in the foreground

and stil no sign of the historical port
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

93, from Ralfs cannon place

95 ,WITH Ralfs cannon

and how it looks with normal tide.

so after looking what was what year 95 was bad weather, rain, wilder water, brown water and grey sky,while 95 had a color full sky,''smooth'' water,grey/brown water.
                            Last edited by janihudi; January 19th, 2013, 19:50.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, CVF is up and running again.

nothing odd on post 321-1 Ivy?
                              Oh yes, I noticed it and was puzzled, but although I couldn't remember you mentioning that name I thought I'd better check back and also on the Woerkum site before I asked you, otherwise you'd beat me up for not knowing. But how come it is called DORA P II (it looks like)? The one behind looks like the same boat as in #326.2 the "Janihudi 10", although I think they were taken in different years, and it even seems to have that name on it. I downloaded and sharpened it and I'm sure it says Janihudi.
                              These later pictures certainly show the extent of the floooding in those two years and, as you say, they are alike and yet different in their moods. I like #329.1 best. It is both dramatic in what it portrays but yet calm and very beautiful in aspect - a picture to frame and hang on the wall, Thijs.
                              Ivy

Comment

by looking at the image of where the 'dora p II'' is,i thought also i never told her that she was also called Dora p II.
                                she was in that time the property of the floating restaurant,which in that days was a ''mainly'' fish resaturant.
                                when he sold his restaurant to the pancake reastaurant he also sold the ''januhudi'' with it.

the little green boat is the janihudi (10),the big boat behind the ''dora p II'' i dont know her,
                                but indeed it looks like there stands ''janihudi '' on the wheelhouse,there is just no recall of what and from who she was.
                                it isjust that you menganed it,but i didn't seen it.

went upstairs for using the big loup,and weirder is that it is named ,
                                ''janihudi 3'' and nothing to found on you tupe of her.

what do you mean by picture to frame it,the one of post 329-1,
                                329 is your post
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X