best regards Thijs

Comment

Re: this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

episode 7

http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/dokter...s-aflevering-7
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, I was just going to post to say I'm so behind and your reminder is already there. (Spent hours trying to decipher the Delta Works - time had a little light relief!) But I do enjoy it. After supper, perhaps.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

and the last one

episode 8

http://www.sbs6.nl/kijkeerder/dokter...s/dokter-tinus

filmed at the schoolyard where i have played in my childhood (not in Woudrichem)
          best regards Thijs

Comment

i hope that you could keep it up Ivy.
            older episodes are gone,don't know for ever or a failer.
            btw the serie is now also availble on dvd
            best regards Thijs

Comment

I've now watched episodes 7 and 8, but have missed 5 and 6. They have gone although there are some photos. Yes, I saw your playground, and also well remember seeing it in reality. The trouble is, there is so much happening now as different story lines develop, and although I get an idea from what I see I don't really get the full picture. By the way, it's about time that Lisa decides which one she really wants, isn't it?
              And I was tickled pink when Ken, the policeman, came to see Dr. Tinus on a very confidential matter. I think it was in episode 4. The door opened, he peered cautiously round, then back at the street, then finally came in and sat down opposite the doctor. Leaning towards him he spoke anxiously, the magic figure of ....cm - well, I won't say how much - was mentioned, then out came a little bottle which he held up for the doc. to see. After reassurance he went out beaming! Oh, he's quite a character.
              But the one who makes me laugh the most is the doctor's receptionist. The character is excellent and she plays it so very well. And her get-up! I don't know what sort of part she usually plays and should imagine she'd do well as the usual sultry, s€xy charmer, but in this part she's perfect. I could watch her for ages.
              But all the time there is Woudrichem, and for that alone it's worth watching.
              Last edited by wherrygirl; October 14th, 2012, 23:45.
              Ivy

Comment

this post i overlooked or was already away from the new posts list.
                if you have looked episode 8 you wil know the answer by now about Lisa.

i like that receptionist to,just for the expression of her face sometimes when she is ''furious''.
                i don't know which roles she play in other series,did'n't even know the girl.

they are considering for a new serie,they had about 1 million vieuwers each episode,so not bad. (for dutch messurments)
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Episode 8 was not there yesterday - an apology said to come back later. Today it is OK, so I watched it again right through. I cannot understand the Dutch anyway, although in the early episodes it was easy to follow what was happening even though I missed a lot because of the language.
                  However, I'm completely flummoxed by this last episode. I don't know what the interview was about, was it a promotion board for Lisa? Why was she angry during it, anyway? If it was a promotion board then presumably she was successful because of the party afterwards, when a man got a bit fresh with her! I loved the expression on Tinus' face as Lisa pushed the man away - it was hilariously triumphant.
                  Everyone was angry in this episode, Thijs' father with his son, then Thijs with a chap who was also keen on Kim and flattened him with a good punch, Kim and the mother of the boy with the virus - oh, I was laughing to myself right the way through, it was so well done.
                  Yes, at the end there was the appropriate passionate kiss, but that means nothing. I couldn't hear that anything specific was actually said and it finished with her remembering the one still lying on the ground awaiting the doctor's attention and Tinus driving off in a hurry to do his duty.
                  I don't watch soaps, but I remember in the past that short series like this one often ended in a way that left you wondering, and you had to wait until the next episodes in a year's time to follow on with the story!
                  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the DVD's......
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    I don't know what the interview was about, was it a promotion board for Lisa? Why was she angry during it, anyway?......
                    she could be choosen as the schoolhead,which she won.
                    she told that one of her strong points was ,that she can listen.
                    why the board ask her why she didn't follow the rules of Tinus by letting the childeren with the virus into school.
                    she explained angry ,that she had seperated those from the other children.

Thijs
                    not Thijs,but Gijs

then Thijs with a chap who was also keen on Kim and flattened him with a good punch,
                    that guy infected Kim with a ***ual decese

Yes, at the end there was the appropriate passionate kiss, but that means nothing. I couldn't hear that anything specific was actually said ,
                    well they are like 2 pubers stumbeling through it like 2 which ask it for the first time

I don't watch soaps, but I remember in the past that short series like this one often ended in a way that left you wondering, and you had to wait until the next episodes in a year's time to follow on with the story!
                    Anyway, I'm looking forward to the DVD's......
                    that is what they called a ''cliffhanger''.

they are on the way,i presume
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Right, got it. Thanks.
                      Ivy

Comment

old images of Woerkum

http://www.everyoneweb.com/woudrichem/

then click on the red ''TE KOOP'' and images show up
                        Last edited by janihudi; November 13th, 2012, 22:03.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh, they are good to see. That site is an interesting one.
                          Last edited by wherrygirl; November 25th, 2012, 00:19.
                          Ivy

Comment

boy o boy,more work to found matching images as i thought.
                            matching images?
                            yes,sorting stuff out at the attic, ifound some high water images.
                            so digging through al the threads where Woudrichem is involved,to find images to show what and where the water was and what was Woudrichem.
                            i don't know the year,but it are squire images,so somewhere between 1977 and 1983 ,also the image below don't gave me the answer,but look at the
                            agreements between the 2 photos.

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                            a little more info about this image

this is from years ago with the high water level.
                            the vessels you see are the 3 from shipping company Rederij van Straten, the succsessor.
                            from left where the local snackbar almost every year had some feets of water inside, you see the passingervessel ''Altena 5,then the ''Altena 4'' and above the ''altena 4'' you see the tiny wheelhouse of the ''Altena 1'' also known as the ''Janihudi",besides the ''altena 1'' arrn't the other vessels former Janihudi's.
                            the big passingervessel on the right is a rivercruiser,the ''Moezelstar III''

mine was taken closer to the watergate.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

same image,but with the names

from about the same spot.

were the roof is was a scackbar,always a lot of people was here at sunday's for chitchat, looking,meeting and snacking.BUT woerkum wanted his historical looks back,so the snackbar had to go,and now is ''de bol'' a dead part of Woerkum,but they have there historical looks back.

with on the rightside the gangway for the ferry,in the time of the janihudi there lays a pontoon.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

the cloosed watergate ,with the ''moezelstar III'' in the background.

and with my backside to the prisongate,the last gate,de waterpoort. the watergate nr.3

at the leftside you see a white building visafslag''de hoop''.the fishauction.

when you go through this gate,it is just a dead end street,you can only turn and come back. (with a car),bike and mopeds can take the passingerferry,right ahead.

the water hights in passed years,they always talked about the flood of 1953,but as you can se 1993 and 1995 were higher and 1926 even more higher.

in the grey slots they placed wooden beams and between those beams they filled it up with sand these days.
                                centuries back they filled it up with horse manure.
                                though the water was standing against the dam,no date on the wall about the year.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X