this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is Woudrichem,the Netherlands

this week was the first episode of Dokter Tinus.
    a comedy/drama tv serie based on the englisch serie doc.martin.
    Dokter Tinus is filmed on location in......Woudrichem.
    passed wednesday the first episode,and i wassn't home.

here the trailer.

best regards Thijs

Comment

i found that first episode.

offcourse in dutch,i you didn't follow this Woudrichem or the family meeting in Brabant threads notting special to see,otherwise see the places which already shown on images in motion pictures.

http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/dokter...dokter-tinus-2
      best regards Thijs

Comment

That's almost unbelievable, Thijs. I wonder why they chose Woudrichem? But how lucky that they did. I've just watched the first episode, and although I can't understand many of the words it is fairly easy to follow, and so funny. But of course, the very best thing is seeing all the places where we were walking only a few months ago. And I have just checked your photo from last year's thread - that snack van was the same one that we went to while we were waiting for the ferry - we probably sat on those very chairs!
        I'll watch episode 2 soon.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

don't know why Woudrichem,but probally the looked for a old countryvillage.
          the house that they use for docter practise,is actually the house from the docter,but years back then.
          did you found out where the house is?
          at the corner where Ralf was playing Baron von Munchhausen. (sitting on the cannon)
          best regards Thijs

Comment

This little city provides very varied and interesting scenery for any lighthearted village serial like this, and although there are many other places in the Netherlands that are also really attractive I'm so pleased they chose Woudrichem. There are the great rivers as background, the walks along the banks, the historic shipyard, harbour, the zalmschouw, it is all delightful. Yes, I remember Baron von Munchhausen all right, but must admit I was not sure of the exact location of that cannon without going back to our last year's photos.
            But there was the prisoners' gate, the statue of Jacoba van Beieren, the church of course and also, I think, the rails along the side of the restaurant where you took a photo of me photographing one of the posts! As well as the quayside and all the area where they were having a festival and where we saw the choir, blacksmith etc. Was the festival in the film supposed to be on 30 April, there was a lot of orange about, including the girl's headscarf? (She's the love interest, presumably! Watch this space.....) I'm looking forward to the next instalment.... and the next.... to see how many more places they show.
            Ivy

Comment

no it was just a bazar, they ware just dressed up as pirats,the love interest is the schoolteacher,they do such thing with kids,you could play along with them a few years back.the orange was coinfedence.but if you see holland,you see orange
              you can already see episode 2
              best regards Thijs

Comment

episode 3 is online Ivy.

http://www.sbs6.nl/kijkeerder/dokter...dokter-tinus-2

the production company of the serie had allready ask,for using Woudrichem for a new serie.
                first epidose 1,200.000 million vieuwers,second episode 1.107.00 vieuwers.
                which for dutch standarts is not bad,even best scoored program on primetime
                best regards Thijs

Comment

episode 4

http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/dokter...4/dokter-tinus
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

just click on the weapenshield for more images etcetcetc,or on foto's.

http://www.woerkumshoekske.nl/verzameling/

a little more info about this image

(i can't get that image uploaded,picture push said, size issn't good.
                    made a cut of it with the sizzer icon,get it in my folder,but cant upload it,
                    what am i dooing wrong?i have the same problem with cutting from maasmond maritime images)

(the image is there now thanks to Ivy,thank you)

this is from years ago with the high water level.
                    the vessels you see are the 3 from shipping company Rederij van Straten, the succsessor.
                    from left where the local snackbar almost every year had some feets of water inside, you see the passingervessel ''Altena 5,then the ''Altena 4'' and above the ''altena 4'' you see the tiny wheelhouse of the ''Altena 1'' also known as the ''Janihudi",besides the ''altena 1'' arrn't the other vessels former Janihudi's.
                    the big passingervessel on the right is a rivercruiser,the ''Moezelstar III'' there was a man in Woudrichem that had 2 rivercruisers the ''Moezelstar 2'' and the ''moezelstar 3'' (cant remember if it are numbers or roman signs) we (my parents,grandma and I at about a age of 12/13 years) did a Rheincruise from Nijmegen Holland to Rudelsheim Germany and back.i must have images from that trip,because i take al the images after my parents deadth to me.

saddly on the so called world wide web are no images or info found of those vessels named above beside ''my'' ''janihudi''

if you surch now for ''janihudi'' it are 99%my images and posts here from CV
                    Last edited by janihudi; September 23rd, 2012, 20:35.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      the big passingervessel on the right is a rivercruiser,the ''Moezelstar III'' the was a man in Woudrichem that had 2 rivercruisers the ''Moezelstar 2'' and the ''moezelstar 3'' (cant remember if it are numbers or roman signs)

saddly on the so called world wide web are no images or info found of those vessels named above beside ''my'' ''janihudi''

if you surch now for ''janihudi'' it are 99%my images and post here from CV
                      well well i found something,the ''moezelstar III''
                      scroll down click on the camera from 1978 and she showed up.

http://www.debinnenvaart.nl/schip_detail/8738/

now look for the ''moezelstar II''

i found something about her too,but not a image,wel i do a image from her previous and after live.
                      itseems that after that she was almost demolishid the bought the hull to bring her back in her old shape,
                      AND that she is moored in Amsterdam,AND i think that i have seen her ,near the cruise terminal there.
                      but you have to scroll down about 1/3 of the page,and stop at the ss''prins van oranje''.
                      this is not how she looks when she was the ''moezelstar 2''.

http://www.ndsm-werfmuseum.nl/schepe...radstraat-1894
                      Last edited by janihudi; September 23rd, 2012, 12:11.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

I'll have a look at those later - I'm still trying to catch up with Dr. Tinus and I'm so enjoying it. It's mentioned in the Woerkum website, by the way. I'm delighted that they're going to do another series in Woerkum later on.
                        Ivy

Comment

(i can't get that image uploaded,picture push said, size issn't good.
                          made a cut of it with the sizzer icon,get it in my folder,but cant upload it,
                          what am i dooing wrong?i have the same problem with cutting from maasmond maritime images)
                          Here it is, Thijs: (Photo now transferred to Thijs' post)

Picturepush must have been having a bad moment. I've never used the snippet tool and didn't know where it was at first, but eventually found it in Accessories.
                          Up came a little "How To", so I outlined the picture as it said, then didn't know what came next. I tried right clicking and saving, and there it was on the hard drive. I uploaded it to Picturepush, which never complained!

Later: You think it might be to do with Windows 7, then? I haven't got that so goodness knows what the problem is.
                          Last edited by wherrygirl; September 23rd, 2012, 23:13.
                          Ivy

Comment

episode 5

http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/dokter...s-aflevering-5
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Hooray..............
                              Ivy

Comment

what,what hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooray. (more than 20)
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X