castle 110e
    fortress 80e

openinghours

best regards Thijs

Comment

we leave the fortress the same we get in,through the gate

the path (for the bent) nr 3 to the footferry

at the end on the right side the curch tower of Woerkum
      Last edited by janihudi; April 10th, 2011, 09:40.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

halfway the path nr 3 (were 3 stands on the image) we walked between cows and horses (wel the horses ware furter away)

Last edited by janihudi; April 10th, 2011, 09:38.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

did we remember this guy?

he is standing at the wall at nr 15

in the backgrouns you see loevestein castle with a the arrowpoint the waiting house for the footferry

and here were standing at the waitinghouse with the arrow point at nr 15

best regards Thijs

Comment

the canon at the background of the fishingman from the otherside of the river maas.

forgot the name of this one

best regards Thijs

Comment

and there goes the ferry,just a big rowingboat

wel do we have some time to read for a shedule in may

heen motte betale en weer weer

famous all over the world in holland

best regards Thijs

Comment

if you want to sail over,you have ring the bell.
                bell? what bell?

this bell (an old gasbottle) dingadong dingadong

best regards Thijs

Comment

while we wait we enjoy the skyline of woerkum

and there he comes

best regards Thijs

Comment

so family, this was the roundtrip through Woerkum and loevstein castle,hope you enjoyed it.
                    have to go back to the port for the old vessels,and over some weeks more pics.

BLIMY

i can't sail over,the car is parked at nr 5, got to walk the whole end back

best regards Thijs

Comment

you can hear scream the fair maidens; heroic knight Thijs, save me.

the insatiable cow

almost there

BYE
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                        if you want to sail over,you have ring the bell.
                        bell? what bell?
                        this bell (an old gasbottle) dingadong dingadong
                        No fear that the ferryman won't hear that donging! Hey, bags I ring it if he's over the other side.

you can hear scream the fair maidens; heroic knight Thijs, save me.
                        From the insatiable cow?

OK, I've printed out the map of Loevstein Castle and must go over your great tour again. You've made it so very interesting, Thijs. Thank you.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          From the insatiable cow?
                          i have never hear a cow moo; heroic knight Thijs, save me.

but you are a city girl,you don't know that

but a cow don't talk
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

i have never hear a cow moo; heroic knight Thijs, save me.

but you are a city girl,you don't know that

but a cow don't talk
                            What are you on about, man??? If, by city girl, you are referring to me then I may have been born a Londoner, but it's 55 years since I have lived there. Ever since I've been in the country. Way back in the late 50's/early 60's I was teaching at a small school near the village of Beaulieu, in the New Forest, Hampshire and we were surrounded by trees, birds, ponies and cattle. In the New Forest the latter two have equal rights with humans to roam where they will (unless you fence off your property securely), even on the roads. Sometimes someone may have left our top gate open and the cows would get in and trample the flowerbeds. I then used to take some of my pupils and we would gently herd them back down the drive. My room was in a wooden hut in the garden (I exchanged it with the new housekeeper who was terrified at the sound of scraping noises under the hut at night. She went into the house.) I loved my room, investigated the scraping noises and found hedgehogs! The fence was about 3 metres away from my window, and sometimes I would find a cow or pony leaning over, ready for a chat.
                            It was an enchanted world for me, more or less straight from London, and one I'll never forget.
                            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

looks like fun,the cattle at you window,the first thing in the morning ,is to wash myself,by a cow licking my face.
                              i wish that we had the money for buying a little farm,with some ponies,goats,ckickens and more of the small kind of animals.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                See that you also got some interesting vessels there.
                                Have that tug in mind in particular. Like its old classic design...
                                the quote is from page 1
                                i was at the tug today,the lady owner was sanding the steeringhouse.
                                she told me that the tug is build in 1938, engine power in 200hp and is a old navy tug from Den Helder.
                                the first owner didn't want her anymore after the war,the navy take her over and the last years she was abandoned from the navy,not enough power.
                                the coupple lived now on her for a few months a year,and sometimes they sail with her,not that much,the engine has no electical starter.
                                she have to be started with airpower,which the lady can't do,just het man can menage it. they have buyed her on a auction of govermend proberties,and aldo they ain't the highest bidder,the navy had sold her to them ,because of they want not rebuild her,but leaves her as she is,while other bidders where planning to rebuild her as a pusher or other

images wil come,but other wise i will forget the info,probally a age problem.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X