flying into Kitilla Airport

landing at airport

Kittila Airport

fantastic trees all decorated for christmas

philippa against the full size of tree

santa's house

reindeer

ready for Husky ride

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

meeting Santa, your never too old !!!!!

snowmobile ride

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

sleigh ride

leaving, just see the plane through all the snow flakes

plane had to be de iced before we could leave

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
        meeting Santa, your never too old !!!!!

He looks so different from the time I met him last time... I wonder which SPA he hangs around during the off-season?

I would also like to thank you for these picture report from a vacation trip which would fall far down on my list, because it's so simple that I do not like winter and cold (anymore).
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I was cold but so much fun in the snow, we even got a certificate to say we had crossed the artic circle. i should have put the information on our visits with the photos. Instead of writing it out again are you able to move it from the other thread ( views from the air ) Photobucket's new set up has put photos too big at times so i will need to change the sizes again on all photos. Ps i did a few photos to your email address, again my windows set up has changed and i dont know how they went through !!!!! i just get used to it all and they change everything, and my brain just cant work it out at times.. !!!!!!!

Comment

the first visit to Lapland was to Rovaniemi for three days. We stayed in a log cabin, and my grandchildren loved it, the area had a ski slope and sledge run for the children and just snow everywhere, There was a treck through the snow to find Santa's log cabin with him and the elves. passing his reigndeers on the way. the snowmobile , reigndeer sleigh ride and husky rides were fantastic. It was difficult steering the snowmobile and i was heard screaming most of the time as i nearly tipped up turning a corner. There was no daylight , only an hour in the morning. We crossed the Artic Circle and visited the artic village with lots of lovely shops. It was cold but magical, that i took my younger grandson to Kittila where my photos are from a few years later and enjoyed it all again.

Comment

Working...
            X