Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    Looks like you had better weather on Jersey than we did up here Kiki. It rained most of Monday and Tuesday at least here in the We(s)t Country.
    Yes this was about 7.00 pm a beautiful evening, we had to wait till 10.20pm for the beacon to be lit, then the fireworks display and the 21 gun salute. A great night

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

It seems a nice place - thanks for photo sharing. I have to figure out what would be the easiest way to come from Paris Another destination to put on my list!

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
        It seems a nice place - thanks for photo sharing. I have to figure out what would be the easiest way to come from Paris Another destination to put on my list!
        hi Valerie, There are flights from Paris to Jersey, and the high speed Condor Ferry goes from St Malo every day. I also think there is a link from cherbourg, but not sure if it is just summer months for that. So you never know , and one day I may try and visit Paris. Last visit was at 14 yrs old...lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Thanks for the info - let's keep each other posted

Comment

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
            I also think there is a link from cherbourg, but not sure if it is just summer months for that.
            Not from Cherbourg, but there is a line from Granville (near the Mont Saint Michel, Normandy side) which runs (in theory) all year round but more often in summer.
            In the summer there is also a line from somewhere on the western Cotentin coast (Dielette or Carteret?). Check "Manche Iles Express".
            I think the ferry from Saint Malo is the most reliable. But if you leave from Granville we can have coffee while you wait for the ferry!
            MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
            Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
            My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Working...
            X