Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

St Aubins Bay, five minutes from my home

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

St Aubins harbour

lovely view over St Aubins Bay towards St Helier, our capital town

one of the marinas in St Helier

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

my home , an old granite building, which is the character of Jersey

this is me flying over my last home, which was a flat within the large chateau with the tower in the grounds

Comment

an hour on the ferry takes you to Guernsey, and then another little boat to Herm, a lovely little island

Comment

a lovely sunset in jersey

Comment

Nice to see and learn more about Jersey (Ohhh I love that sunset!).

Knowing me, I bet you can guess what I’m going to say next . . . . when you’ve got a moment, can you take a close up (or several – to show the different colours of the blocks) of the granite of your house for the Photo Assignment Rocks and Stones thread????

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              Nice to see and learn more about Jersey (Ohhh I love that sunset!).

Knowing me, I bet you can guess what I’m going to say next . . . . when you’ve got a moment, can you take a close up (or several – to show the different colours of the blocks) of the granite of your house for the Photo Assignment Rocks and Stones thread????

hi cecelia, I will try and do that and at the same time try and do my piece of vocanic rock. My camera is only a 6 pixel fugi digital and i set it on auto all the time. i Just see something i like and take a photo, just luck how it turns out lol christine

Comment

this is the pier at La Rocque Harbour in the parish of Grouville.

Comment

La Rocque Harbour, rescue going out for someone stranded on rocks

Comment

Liberation Square in the town centre , the place where we were liberated from the germans. The building behind was the old abbattoir, now a new shopping centre.

Last edited by kiki42; December 26th, 2010, 17:46.

Comment

the story on a plaque at the Liberation Square

Last edited by kiki42; December 26th, 2010, 17:45.

Comment

Love the look around Jersey, Kiki! It's terribly dreary and drizzly here today...and whilst I LOVE this kind of weather, looking at beautiful Jersey put a smile on my face!!!!!

Comment

pleased you enjoy photos, i intend to go out and do more as there is so much history here with the castles ect. we are having snow as well which is very unusual for jersey, glad i managed back fro my visit to romania, befor it got worse. x

Comment

How is the snow falling at Jersey these days?

Have you gotten a lot of the white fluffy thing that I do not like so much?

I'd love to see how your place looks like at winter as well.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

hi jan - olav, well all the snow has gone and the sun is shining, a lovely day here. i intend to take more photos of jersey. my photobucket site has been slow and i think mistakes adding photos to cv. by the way did you receive photos of aage and your christmas ecard to your email address ? kiki

Comment

Working...
                              X