Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mediterranean cruise aboard the Adventure of the Seas (lots of pictures...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
    The exhaust look like an after thought. It is hard to imagine them designing the ship with the exhaust running through a public deck. But then I am surprised to see rolls of carpet stored on a passenger deck as well. I see the rolls are tied. Tied to what? Next time I am on a cruise ship I will have to look closely on deck for cleats or tie down locations. I hope the carpet is not tied to the hand rail and ventilation louvers.
    The carpet rolls did not seem to be tied to the hand rails, nor the ventilation louvers. They were tied to pallets placed on the deck, and stowed as close to the wall as possible. That said, the outside areas on deck 4, from the rear staircase and towards the stern were usually deserted during day and passengers only really went out there to have a quick smoke, or some played shuffleboard. While outside on deck 4 is a public area, it did smell of paint and lubricants. A distinctive scent you don't smell very often in public areas on these kind of cruise ships. There were also lots of (locked) doors and staircases leading to crew only areas. forward of the forward staircase there were stairs leading up one level to deck 5 and the helipad on the bow, which didn't smell and they even had this typical, very mute "background music" playing through the speakers, like most other outside decks...

The outside areas on deck 3 are crew only, so it's kind of strange they didn't let the pipes exit through there...?
    Olympus user
    E-M1, E-M5
    w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
    MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
    MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
    MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
    MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
    MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirik View Post
      Well, although it's an american ship that was piloted by a Canadian, there was no cup-holder... :P Might be because it was built in Finland, so having a cup-holder might not be standard equipment/obvious, or they simply forgot to specify a bridge cup-holder on the options list. They remembered to tick of the boxes for the rock climbing wall, and the ice skating rink, but no bridge cup-holder... :P
      This had me rolling all over my floor together with my dust-rabbits, laughing out loud!

Then there are a picture of "those mysterious (exhaust?) pipes" i remember a debate about from another thread on here. I couldn't find the thread, but anyways, RCI's Voyagers have those pipes as well...
      If not mentioned before, personally, I'm convinced that they are from the EMERGENCY GENERATOR(S) which is/are located somewhere near the stern. Many of the numerous cruise ships I have served on, have had the same or very similar exhaust arrangement.

Originally posted by ehp View Post
      ACTUALLY-- today, I was wondering where the cup holder was on Korsfjord........ ;-)
      As Eirik mentioned, and similarly to Finnish-built ships, the cup holder is optional. But, we might install one when we arrive with the ship in Norway...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I actually don't really have much more than what I posted above. Besides lots of other shots of the same frames, and stuff that didn't quite work out, as well as stuff that's plainly crap. Well, there are some; first a picture of me:

Eirik, thank you so much, nice to meet you and to make your acquaintance!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you for the reply... It's appreciated...

Anyway, I have found myself spending lots of time on the RCI website looking for cruises to go on next summer/fall... With blessings from my girlfriend, the chances of going on a cruise like this next year looks very good. There are actually quite a few cruises that are very reasonably priced (thanks to all these huge ships), particularly if you don't need a balcony. In my opinion the balcony was kind of a waste, didn't spend much time there anyway. I'm looking on cruises from Barcelona as well as Malaga and Valencia, both Voyager and Freedom class. I have to say that I like the Voyagers, and they're very close to the limit of how big a ship I'd like to go on. That said, I'm curious about the Freedom class; aren't they just pretty much a lengthened Voyager?
          Olympus user
          E-M1, E-M5
          w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
          MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
          MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
          MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
          MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
          MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Working...
          X