sorrento , italy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorrento , italy

Hi everyone . Here i go trying to add photos of my visit to Sorrento. i stayed at the grand hotel aminta, I also went to Capri and the ruins of Herculaneum , the town covered with mud in 17AD when the Volcano erupted .

view at hotel, the town of sorrento, and the stairs i had to climb from the harbour to get to the town square.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

photos of the town of Herculaneum lost in 17AD

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

the amazing paintings preserved in the homes destroyed in 17AD by the Volcano eruption

Comment

walking around the ruins and under a tunnel of ash from the Volcano, one of the streets. 300 peole died when waiting to be rescued at the beach, and a view from the cable car ride at Capri

Comment

Great photos Kiki - sorry I missed them first time around. Some times the 'latest posts' get a bit clogged up. Looks like you had a wonderful time in a beautiful place.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• kiki42
            kiki42 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Mark,, I have been to Sorrento many times, love the location,so I am sure i will return . .

ahhhh..... Sorrento, one of those place I've been to several times, yet never had the chance to go "ashore".... this was a tendering port with my ship at anchor, hence, I was not able to get time off. Certainly one of the places I would love to have set my feet ashore in - more than the tender landing pier.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• kiki42
            kiki42 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Jan-Olav, Yes I have also stopped here with Cruises and gone ashore. I am sure I must have my other sorrento photos on another thread, but couldn't find it at the time. I have also had many holidays in Sorrento too. The ruins at Herculaneum are quite different to the ruins at Pompeii, much more has been preserved. I didn't climb the Volcano this time. lol hope you are well. kiki
        Working...
        X