The Isle of Skye, Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Isle of Skye, Scotland

It took a train journey to Mallaig, a Ferry to Armadale in Skye, and a bus journey to Portree , Skye.... here is the journey , the scenery was fantastic all the way. We did a 2 hour cliff path walk around Portree coastline, and a boat trip at Portree to see the seals and Eagles.... the Eagles in the trees were too far to photograph with my camera. The weather was kind except for the boat trip and ferry crossing. Skye is lovely and I enjoyed seeing a part of Scotland i have missed for so long.

Train Journey to and from Mallaig

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Train Journey to and from Mallaig

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

train journey to and from Mallaig

Comment

PORTREE , SKYE and views from cliff path walk

Comment

• Sigve
          Sigve commented
          Editing a comment
          The #4/2 and 3 give pleasant memories! Thank you!

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          hi , I am pleased you enjoyed them. Skye is a fantastic place .

cliff path walk around portree coastline

the end of the walk at the cuillins hotel and a well deserved drink

Comment

A days tour around the island in hire car.,

Comment

travelling around Skye,,

walk to the fairy pools

Comment

THE FAIRY GLEN , we climbed to the top of the mountain. what a view !!!

Comment

DUNVEGAN CASTLE. SKYE

THE WATER GARDENS AT THE CASTLE

Comment

BOAT TRIP FROM PORTREE

Comment

FERRY FROM MALLAIG TO ARMADALE , SKYE.

BUS FROM FERRY TO PORTREE

Comment

MALLAIG AND THE HARBOUR

Comment

Kiki, this must have been a wonderful holiday, your photographs protray so many very beautiful places. It's funny, I was only thinking yesterday that you must be back home any day soon and I was expecting to see some great scenes.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
                          kiki42 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Ivy, Skye was fantastic. I have so many with my sisters and myself that I didn't add , and they had different views. The whole journey from joining the train at Helensburgh was amazing. We decided to hire a car instead of going to places on the bus in Skye and we were able to see much more and spend more time visiting sights . My daughter came back to Jersey with me so now she has left I had time to add photos. I may add an odd personal one because i like the scenery. x

Beautiful photos Kiki - such a lovely place.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

adding this one to show how lovely the little path is. Some parts were quite scary and difficult to do , it took 2 hours to complete.

Comment

Working...
                          X