Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
2014 august,a weekend to,through,around, in and from Bun9ay England. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 august,a weekend to,through,around, in and from Bun9ay England.

Ones in a far far past,somewhere late 2013 i mailed Ivy (Wherrygirl) that we are thinking to visit Bun9ay for a weekend,
    also that there was no need for excitement or jumping for joy,it was just a start of think to go there in 2014.

a thought became a plan,and the plan ends up into the trip.

easy as i am, i ask her to find us a place to sleep for 5 persons,and a few things that we wanted to see was
    the sunken city (which we wouldend see anyway,because it was sunken), ruins,Churches/Cathedrals and the dutch pancake boat.

so that would keep Ivy bussy,she is our guide,we would just follow ,where ever she would take us.

first thing was try to get free for 5 persons Cornel and Marijke had already free,so we Henny,Wesley and i had to try to get those dates aswel.
    luckly we maneged for al of us and the weekend would be,the first one of August.

hotel or B&B?
    it became the B&B
    which way to go?
    by car for sure.
    train or ferry?
    train means France,so no way.
    Harwich or Hull?
    Harwich is nearer to Ivy so that would be the Stena then.
    day or nightboat?
    dayboat means arive late at the B&B,so nightboat.
    but Friday at the nightboat is saterday in Bun9ay and we leave again on sunday,not much left of the weekend,
    so it became a 4 days weekend,thursday on board of the ''stena britannia'' and back monday eve with the ''stena hollandia'',
    4 hole days in England,East Anglia.

England still chills when they spoke over '' The weekend of the Dutch Invasion''.

when the date came closer and closer,i got more sorry that it was this weekend that we went over to England.
    and this was the cause.

the ''dockwise vanguard'' ,her first time in Holland and she would be moored in the weekend at the cruise terminal,
    and i was away that weekend.
    but to late to cancel the trip.
    the ''stena brittania'' is just arriving in Holland.(she is on the right of the ''vanquard'')
    so instead of go to Hoek van Holland in the evening for boarding we drove in the afternoon so i could she her at the Maasvlakte 2 before we go on board.
    we spend after that a few hours at the ''balcony of Europe'' a snackbar,fish and chips,imbiss, or whatever the name al over the world would be for a fastfood restaurant.
    we wanted to go on board early so we could exploring the vessel.

best regards Thijs

but (some people hate it to start with but) first things first.
    half packed car from Giessen to pick up Cornel and Marijke and leave with a full packed car Vuren.
    to see the ''Dockwise Vanquard'' at nr1 at the Maasvlakte 2 and had a snack at the shipspotting place at 2.
    and over the yellow line to 3,the stena terminal.

arriving at the terminal we got a map of the vessel, our tickets for cabins, and breakfast,and the lady said to us,after this point UK time is running.
    we got 1 hour extra add to our lives.
    waiting a few minutes before we could drive on board and explore the vessel.
    well ,there wasn't much to explore.but first take a look at the map of the vessel(s)

some info about the vessels.

and what and where to go on deck 9.(there are more decks,but life itself is on deck 9)

best regards Thijs

Comment

we drove on to deck 5 parked the car there and went up stairs,to deck 10 where our cabins where.

in the red lined aeria,the back trip we had cabins in the yellow lined aeria.

after dumping our stuff in the cabins it was time to explore,but as everything is on deck 9,our explore was fastly done.

best regards Thijs

Comment

so we spent most of the time on sundeck,because it was 1hour earlier than in Holland.

now it was wait to sail.as a driver who wants in control i looked for the captain and asked him wich way we would sail.
        after piercing by keep asking how to sail,he finally told me the way to UK.
        but for safety reasons he maybe is a few miles beside the line.

Last edited by janihudi; August 17th, 2014, 17:56.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          but (some people hate it to start with but) first things first.
          If that's a dig at me you've failed . Read what I said again and you see that I was in favour of starting a sentence with "But" where necessary. Neee-na--neee-na-neee-na!
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

yeah oke,sometimes i'm wrong,but just sometimes.

there was not much to explore,so we went outside,waiting at things to come.this one was for free,but that was the only thing too,a taxfree sunset.
            (images of vessels will show up in there own threads,atleast most of them)

we do what we do best,looking great with a camera.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the only place passingers can go outside,the aft of deck 9,10 and 11,but every deck higher,the smaller the place.
              the man on top is a closed aeria(see the stair with fence),i and the girl are on deck 11,the coupple below her on deck 10,and the sitting people are at deck 9

not all on board yet.

best regards Thijs

Comment

view over Hoek van Holland.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the other side of the big red funnel.

which i thought it was red painted,but after a closer look,it was a very very big red sticker.with a bag water behind it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• pilotdane
                    pilotdane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I want to get a long stick and poke that "bubble".

stil a nice sunset.

we weren't the only passingers.

best regards Thijs

Comment

trucks and trailers are chained.

first things first,do we have wifi?

best regards Thijs

Comment

clockwise.
                      the people are standing at the bar,

the taste restaurant,

the lounge,left the restaurant,right the windows with look at the bow.

best regards Thijs

Comment

rotterdam port at night.

the container terminal.

(this is between the seals and the first fast ferry stop Ivy)
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

lines are gone,engine is started,we're on our way,Ivy here we come.

and i'm gone,more tomorrow, if time permits and be home.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X