X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiki42
    started a topic Channel Islands

Channel Islands

My Jersey thread is last year so thought it easier just to have Channel Islands now as I have visited other Islands. I have just returned from Guernsey and Herm , so adding views not on Hotel room views thread... A fantastic few days in Herm , Paradise. Adding The Shell Beach and views of Sark , other little Islands and Guernsey that you see from Herm . The manor house. the little jetty .
    Sailing into Guernsey

passing our ferry from Jersey on our way to Herm

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    she was named Condor Liberation

• kiki42
    replied
    This is the arrival of Condors latest fast ferry into St Helier Harbour Jersey , i have added more on the Car Ferry thread . its much larger than the previous ferries .

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    I am just adding this to my Channel Islands Thread as they were taken flying over St Ouens Bay approaching the airport for landing. , a rather misty morning.

I love flying through the clouds, so this was us just about to start the desent .

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    yes it looks lovely in the picture, not sure of how it tastes, so many mixed comments in the newspaper , some hated it , some loved it and so many ways to cook it. I dont think I will be tempted. lol

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Gain time try Le Miramar in Marseille http://lemiramar.fr/site/index.php?o...mid=35&lang=en

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Now see what you have started, Kiki! If my man on the fish van this Thursday doesn't have any in his freezer then I shall be in Lowestoft next Monday to have the car's inspection service done, so I could try there. That bouillabaisse looks scrumptious, Ombugge, but what a palaver for one bowl of soup for one person. I'll keep to the grill.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    In that case, here is some tips on what to do with it, from BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/conger_eel

If that is not enough, here is link to more precipices: http://www.cookitsimply.com/category-0020-012i2.html

And of cause the celebrity cook Gordon Ramsey has his say: http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/reci...-bouillabaisse

Bon appetite

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Mmm-mm-m, looks moreish, Yves.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Conger,green sauce

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Perhaps I'll ask the fishmonger on Thursday if he might ever have any. Then I can try it out!

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    hi Ivy, I sent my photos to our local newspaper on facebook and i had quite a response with lots of likes, comments, and shares.. In the article they asked what people thought about eating conger eel, and how they cooked it... Seems it was used for a lot of different dishes.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Quite a find Kiki! I have just been Googling to find out a few facts and apparently they are fearsome creatures,. There was one report from 2013 that a scuba diver had been badly injured on the face by a conger eel attack - the photo was horrifying. Good job yours was well and truly dead!
    There is an excellent fishmonger who has a van on the weekly Bunga.y market, but he never has any conger eel steaks. Maybe they have some at the main place in Lowestoft.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    look what i found as i was walking along the beach. A Conger Eel that was washed up with the tide. Quite weird looking . As i was taking the photo,I thought I will die if it moves, but sadly it was dead.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Ivy, I think in the Jersey 2013 thread , I had some photos of Guersey as it is like now. I like arriving at the port, straight into town, much easier from St Helier harbour and I love the boat trip over, I do love going to herm too. Hope you may manage a trip in the near future.
Working...
X