Channel Islands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel Islands

My Jersey thread is last year so thought it easier just to have Channel Islands now as I have visited other Islands. I have just returned from Guernsey and Herm , so adding views not on Hotel room views thread... A fantastic few days in Herm , Paradise. Adding The Shell Beach and views of Sark , other little Islands and Guernsey that you see from Herm . The manor house. the little jetty .
    Sailing into Guernsey

passing our ferry from Jersey on our way to Herm

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

on our way to Herm

Coastline of Herm

walking to Shell beach with Sark in the distance

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

shell beach

[RL=http://s995.photobucket.com/user/kiki42_album/media/DSCF4243_zpsff9124f4.jpg.html][/URL]

view from Herm towards Guernsey

the most beautiful walks

Comment

hotel gardens

manor house

Comment

walking to jetty for boat to Guernsey

back at Guernsey Harbour

Comment

CHRISTMAS DAY walk to see the duck, cows , and along the beach at St Aubins Bay .

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              this is the tower at the Gunsite Cafe at the beach....

Lovely photos Kiki.

Particularly enjoyed the one of the beautiful cows sitting peacefully in their field.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              They were enjoying the sunshine. Normally the Jersey cows are much paler in colour. the fields now have new visitors , geese from russia and canada.They fly back and forward to the sea, an amazing sight with so many flying overhead. I have tried to capture them but often cant see with my mobile or camera where they are. I will keep trying .

• kiki42
              kiki42 commented
              Editing a comment
              hi mark, Just realized the Christmas Day photos are from my Samsung Galaxy Mobile phone.... Need to remember next time and add to the Mobile Gallery Thread...

A beautiful day in Jersey. I had all the beach to myself. The Geese are here from Russia and Cananda again,still not managed to snap them in flight.

Comment

Beautiful photos Kiki! It was grey and raw here today.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• kiki42
                kiki42 commented
                Editing a comment
                thank you Mark, the beach was deserted, all in cafe. It was very windy, but so refreshing. Today is sunny again and not so windy, so I guess its a walk in the other direction today.

Somehow I seem to have missed this Channel Islands thread, Kiki, but at least that means I've been enjoying it today. Beautiful photos of enticing views. That first one is so inviting, and I love the Herm pictures.
              Funnily enough, I have been thinking of a trip to Guernsey. I remember my last one, I think I flew from Northolt airport (I lived in London then and Northolt was in regular commercial use as Heathrow had yet to be built). It was my first flight ever, so very exciting although the descent into Guernsey airport was very steep and I was deaf for days afterwards. I remember going to Herm and Sark, they were delightful. Happy thoughts!
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
                kiki42 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Ivy, I think in the Jersey 2013 thread , I had some photos of Guersey as it is like now. I like arriving at the port, straight into town, much easier from St Helier harbour and I love the boat trip over, I do love going to herm too. Hope you may manage a trip in the near future.

look what i found as i was walking along the beach. A Conger Eel that was washed up with the tide. Quite weird looking . As i was taking the photo,I thought I will die if it moves, but sadly it was dead.

Comment

Quite a find Kiki! I have just been Googling to find out a few facts and apparently they are fearsome creatures,. There was one report from 2013 that a scuba diver had been badly injured on the face by a conger eel attack - the photo was horrifying. Good job yours was well and truly dead!
                There is an excellent fishmonger who has a van on the weekly Bunga.y market, but he never has any conger eel steaks. Maybe they have some at the main place in Lowestoft.
                Ivy

Comment

Conger,green sauce

Comment

Mmm-mm-m, looks moreish, Yves.
                  Ivy

Comment

• kiki42
                    kiki42 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes it looks lovely in the picture, not sure of how it tastes, so many mixed comments in the newspaper , some hated it , some loved it and so many ways to cook it. I dont think I will be tempted. lol

I am just adding this to my Channel Islands Thread as they were taken flying over St Ouens Bay approaching the airport for landing. , a rather misty morning.

I love flying through the clouds, so this was us just about to start the desent .

Comment

Working...
                  X