This is the Limfjord, Denmark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Limfjord, Denmark

In June 2014, we spent two weeks of vacation in Hostrup Strand, near Skive, at the Limfjord in Denmark.

We rented a huge house with pool, whirlpool, sauna, billiard, air hockey and much more to have a lot of activities in case of bad weather.
    Front side towards the fjord.

Great place to sit outside, covered for rain, sun and wind.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Sea view from the outside table, the living room and the inside table, the billiard room and from two of four bedrooms.

Rear side of the house with kitchen, and bedroom 3 + 4.

Rear side, Western wing with washing place small 2nd bath room, billiard room and wood storage place.

(to be continued)

Comment

Let's have a look inside the house: the kitchen was very well equipped, lot's of dishes, pots, pans and knives. It is an advantage to have a house big enough for 14 people..-

The kid's had for the first time an American fridge with water station in the door. But it was only of short interest. I personally tasted cheesy flavour in the water (depending on the cheese inside).

Huge table, we could sit in a row and watch the fjord outside. But mostly we had our meals outside.

Comment

The living room was some steps lower than the kitchen, the dining area and all the sleeping rooms.

The various levels created a nice atmosphere. I was reminded at the Bauhaus - Style and especially at the Le Corbusier-house in Stuttgart.
        http://www.stuttgart.de/weissenhof/i...section=182408

We did not use the oven, because it was so warm weather. No heating needed (also no sauna...).

A typical Le Corbusier element are integrated furnitures like these boards made of stone and wood.

Comment

Pool area with whirlpool.

It was at the same level than the living room. Water temperature about 27°C, the fjord hat 17-19°C.

Nice bathtube, not to small for a little swim, unfortunately the streaming machine did not work.

bathroom with whirlpool 2, shower and sauna.

Comment

Billiard and activity room (air hockey, table tennis and darts also available).

I made no pictures of the second bath, the two toilets and the sleeping rooms. All of them just as big as necessary, nothing special.

Panorama picture of the fjord shore. Limfjord is quite north, so the sun went down at 22.30, came back at 03.00 and it was never completely dark during the night.

Nice place, if it is not occupied and polluted by the seagulls.

(to be continued)

Comment

That's a very interesting house you were in there, Ralf, it seems to have just about everything anyone could want for having a really enjoyable time. I love that last photo - peace, perfect peace! I only hope you were able to have that after the hectic few weeks you had passed earlier.
              By the way, what on earth is air hockey??? I tried hard, but just cannot imagine it.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment

• pilotdane
                pilotdane commented
                Editing a comment
                The most important thing to remember when playing it to not let your fingers hang over the rail into the play area. That little plastic puck is light but it really hurts when it smacks your finger.

Looks very nice! In four weeks I'm going to Sæby (north of Limfjorden) to do one week of vacationing in a summer house, with friends. Looking forward to that!
              Regards; Sigve.
              ---
              IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment
                Great. Have fun there. I bet we will see some ship pictures from Frederikshavn and you will probably also spend a visit on Rabjergs Mile.
                It is very long ago that i was there... you could still walk around the lighthouse buildings!

thats a place where yu can have the time of your life.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Such a big Danish house you had Ralf, even, I see on the very first photo, also with a relatively equally-huge-house for any Sea-Troll-type accompanying persons!! Good, I see all that grass has been mown already, should last the fortnight!?!

Liked the covered but outside area, and inside having the split levels makes it really special and nice to be there doesn’t it. Also the sloping ceiling over the dining table. Lots of various lighting and lampshades seems very typical Danish or south Sweden style to me too.

What is new to me however is that “American fridge with water station”. I mean completely new concept to me - I’'d have been searching around looking for the fridge under the working surfaces, and even when I'd found the fridge I'd be puzzled by that cubby-hole in the door.

Oh, better stop squawking - Ralf is out there on seagull-watch keeping out marauding invaders

Comment

Thank you for your comments. American fridges seem to be a must-have-gadget in Europe these days. Normally they have even two doors, Seem to be sponsored by the energy and food industry. Since the fridges are energy savers you have to do somethings to keep the cost level high: Double space --> double content --> double amount of things you throw away because they were forgotten in the monster fridge and exceeded the consumption limit.

Soon after we arrived i realised in a broshure we found in the house, that Struer, the next larger town, is the hometown of Bang&Olufsen. So a soon visit of the exhibition in the town museum was a must.

They are showing various topics. Nice old signs you can find in the old railway station scenery.

But i was there to see B&O. Their first design classic: Beolit 39 from 1938

Comment

TV 509 RG from 1953:

TV 509 K from 1953 and Minette 512K from 1956:

Beogram 4000, 1972 and Beomaster 2400, 1978:

Comment

BeoCenter 7007 from 1983 with speakers BeoVox CX50 from 1984

BeoMaster 8000, BeoCord 8000 and BeoGram 8000, all from ....1980.

Big fun: our favourite: BeoSound 9000 6-CD/Tuner from 1996

You can program your titles criss and cross from 6 CD's and the laser arm changes between the CD's so quick, that the pause is not longer than any pause between 2 tiles from one CD.
                      Very impressive, would be a nice toy, but even in used condition way too expensive... but here you can see the moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5BLkABAr0

(in the next installment we leave the museum and see a bit of Denmark)

Comment

Not far away from our house you could find Spøttrup Middelalderborg. It is said that this is the best preserved castle out of this time period in Denmark. You could walk through all rooms, although empty. It is very similar to Loevestein castle near Thijs' place.

On certain days some volunteers are showing old handcraft and the life of the pleople of that time. During the summer holidays there is a big knight festival. Much more quiet now in June.

Also nearby is the harbour of Glyngøre. They are working hard to revive the fishing business again. Limfjord is famous because of it's oysters and shells, but we were out of this season.

Comment

A motif which i like since my childhood are the blue Danish fishing cutters.

This one had apparently already a steel hull, but the lines were quite classic. A nice one. It was built 1959 in Vildsund.

This is the more modern type, you can see also the spottermobile nearby.

Comment

Working...
                          X