No announcement yet.

A few images from Burma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll leave you after that leisurely afternoon with a view looking past the adjacent Myanmar National Airlines building towards the Strand Hotel . It is taken from a pedestrian bridge over the busy road and onto the waterfront. I'm sure there will be a photo or two to show you from around there another week.

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      I did stay at The Strand a couple of times back in the 1970's when it was run down and without A/C, even in the rooms, and the service was deplorable.
      Still, it was better than the alternative, the Inya Lake Hotel that was built and run by the Russians and smelled of mold and decaying wood. (Now also renovated and well managed)

BTW; Across that walk bridge and down towards the river there is a very good Chinese Restaurant on the second floor of Ferry Terminal.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    ...and the view of my table, through at the window on the right and an ideal vantage point.

That is such ana amazing view - WOW! The almost haze-like light in the other room makes this so moody, and beautiful. So perfect!

Oh, yummy, the cakes! I even spotted a tiny Crem Brûlée! (I think). I have a brain finely tuned to pick up even the tiniest smudge of that dessert.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
    X