Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring in Stuttgart

Spring in Stuttgart began last week.
    Most of the citizens then go for a walk to Wilhelma, our zoo and botanic garden. First the Camelias are starting in the glass houses:

This one is for Cecilia and Elisabeth:

Then the magnolias are coming out in the garden, which was built about 150 years ago for the King of Württemberg:

A large amount of Chinese people were taking wedding pictures, but i did not want to be indiscrete..

More information about Wilhelma here:
    http://www.wilhelma.de/nc/en/home.html
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Face to face to the main entrance of the zoo, the pier of our "white fleet" is situated:

While we were watching, a heavy loaded freight ship was coming up on Easter Monday!!

You can see, how deep she is in the river, which is only about 2 meter deep in the locks!

Approaching Cannstatt lock, on her right side you will find the famous mineral springs with our spa. On the left side is the place of the famous Volksfest, which is almost as big as the Munich Oktoberfest (and we have also one in spring, about to start in two weeks). Behind that is Mercedes museum and factory as well as our big stadium.

The trains coming from and going to the South have to cross the Neckar here as well, so this is a good train and ship spotters place.

I hope you enjoyed that little Easter walk.

Comment

Thank you so very much Ralf for the beautiful pictures of spring flowers.
      I long for spring when i see these pictures.
      Up in the north we have to wait a little bit longer before we can see pictures like this.
      Great pictures from the cargo barge on the canal. A great spotter place.
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you for the barge pictures. I have been trying for some time to get my wife to do a river cruise in Europe (Germany & Netherlands). I would love to see sights like that all the time.

Comment

Wonderful spring time images Ralf... a lot more spring at your side, than mine....

But with patience, the spring will probably also arrive here!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A ship and a train together in one photo!
            What a delightful Easter treat Ralf, and thank you for our flowers.

Now that the snow has finally gone (though how many times have I said that this year!) you have encouraged me to go and see how the botanic garden here is looking.

Can we expect a little report from the Volksfest in due course?

Comment

Ralf, it must be wonderful to be walking about amongst all those magnolias - their purity of shape and colour. Thank you for showing them.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

EEhm, haven't been on our Volksfest for years.

Can't understand, why people meet in big, sticky tents, listen to catastrophic, awful Blasmusik, pay 50% higher price for a bad filled Mass beer, which does not taste fresh anymore after you managed to drink half of it. I prefer a cosy pub and an good discussion with my friends and we will again save the world, manage our soccer teams, help each other to buy cars and motorbikes and such things.

If you go there with the children, you have to pay much more for less attractions than in a fun park.

But maybe i will steal some pictures from the local newspapers and put it in here.

Comment

Spring arrived in Stuttgart 2017. As usual we have a walk through our zoo and botanic garden. This time i had my new i-phone with me...

Comment

Spring is such a welcome time of the year - perhaps one of the best moments. That moment when you step outside and you can feel, smell and see that spring is definitely there soon.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                    X