X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve.B
    started a topic What place is this?

What place is this?

A little competition/puzzle for you all. Along the same lines as the 'Which Hurtigruten' thread, but this one is for shore based things.

In the image below is a famous building (marked within the red line), can you guess what building it is?

Too difficult? Need a clue? Well, I would give you one, but there are two very good clues in the photo, one clue should give you a good idea where in the world the place is, and the other clue in the photo should tell you what the famous building is.

The second clue may not be obvious, but you will kick yourself when realise what it is

Can you spot the two clues? Have a look and try to work it out, if you guess correctly then feel free to post your own picture puzzle.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Yes, Jan-Olav, come on lad, we're all wandering up and down narrow Chinese market streets becoming more and more bewildered. Mind you, makes a change from narrow Singapore market waterways (un)happy days!

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Yup, me too. I had a gentle virtual toddle around the Muslim Quarter of Xi'an, which had a similar pavement and similar amounts of rainfall - but loads of trees. Come on Jan Olav - point us in the right direction.
    Last edited by PoloUK; June 11th, 2019, 12:38. Reason: Accidentally blamed Ombugge for posting this humdinger!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    I just give up without a clue! There must be thousands of photos of street markets like this to Google at, but it's difficult to tie up a high level view with the majority of pics., which are naturally taken from down in the street.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Sorry, I was not often connected these last weeks.
    As for this puzzle I have to admit that I am lost. I try Chengdu...

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Is this the old town of Lijiang, Yunnan Province??

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    I'm interested but know so little that I don't know where to start.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Don't wait for me, i am absolutely lost in China. This country didn't really woke my interest up to now.

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    No, Sir, this is not Hangzhou.

But, yes we are in China somewhere.
    Any new takers on this puzzle, or do I have to share some clues?

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    No, Sir, this is not Hangzhou.

But, yes we are in China somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Hangzhou??

• pakarang
    replied
    I'm sure this is not a big problem to find for detectives like you all, but I would love to visit this place.

Where would I go if this is what I want to see?

Screenshot PUZZLE by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    YAY! I made it! Who would have thought.... let me see, I need to find a very difficult one for all of you.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Perfect Ivy. And the answer's right too! This is the ancient bridge between Windsor (posh) and Eton (very posh) going over the River Thames.

I do agree though, J-O made the giant leap to get to the right town, so I think it's probably his turn.

(We were there for an exciting family trip a few weeks ago, and I had a pleasant night-time walk around with the camera).

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    I think it's Paul McNamara's statue on the central Windsor Bridge, now pedestrianised.
    But if that's right then Jan-Olav should do the next puzzle pic. as he had practically solved it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X