X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve.B
    started a topic What place is this?

What place is this?

A little competition/puzzle for you all. Along the same lines as the 'Which Hurtigruten' thread, but this one is for shore based things.

In the image below is a famous building (marked within the red line), can you guess what building it is?

Too difficult? Need a clue? Well, I would give you one, but there are two very good clues in the photo, one clue should give you a good idea where in the world the place is, and the other clue in the photo should tell you what the famous building is.

The second clue may not be obvious, but you will kick yourself when realise what it is

Can you spot the two clues? Have a look and try to work it out, if you guess correctly then feel free to post your own picture puzzle.

• PoloUK
    replied
    Yes, absolutely Ivy. Sandbanks, the somewhat odd spit of land protecting Poole Bay in Dorset. Brittany ferries does runs to Cherbourg and Spain. Poole Bay was also for a time the harbour used by the Flying Boats as they lurched and bumped their way across the world in 5* luxury and silver service.

The property is horrendously expensive on Sandbanks itself, and there are some very famous residents.

We had a lovely couple of days there a couple of weeks ago, had a great time, and a particularly memorable meal at Rick Stein’s Sandbanks restaurant.

All yours Ivy.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Sandbanks?

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Very close. This county has ferries, but they don’t go to the Isle of Wight.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    So,it could be in Hampshire. Lymington is connected to Wight by ferry .

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    J-O - I wish!
    Ombugge - close, but you're facing the wrong way.
    Yves - very close, not the Isle of Wight, but you can more or less see this place from the north side of the island.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    OK, so where is this highly desirable beachfront property?

I was going to guess Honningsvåg. LOL

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Or isle of Wigh, if I refer to the cost of houses !

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Somewhere along the English Chanel coast then?? Devon??

• PoloUK
    replied
    I wish Ombugge. This is well out of my price range, more about that when it's solved, but no, this isn't the Bristol Channel. Not far away by road, but a long way by boat.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Are you buying, selling or showing off your beach property??
    Me think on the Bristol Bay shore somewhere (??)

• PoloUK
    replied
    Yup - your logic is, as ever, flawless Yves! Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    It could be in Normandy but I think it is
    in south Uk.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    OK, so where is this highly desirable beachfront property?

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    So easy!!! I did not expect that. Good! We had in our German TV a crime story and this was one of the locations.
    Over to you, Mark!
Working...
X