Clear All

nobody a new one?

oke then,where lies this wreck?

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      nobody a new one?

oke then,where lies this wreck?

This one is really hard, I think I need some tip...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        This one is really hard, I think I need some tip...
        it is on a group of isle
        best regards Thijs

Comment

it is on a group of isle
          An intuition is telling me Cap Verde?
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This ship wreck is situated at Arrecife on the island of Lanzarote.

You will not believe how lucky i was to find that one so quickly. I found a neat little Google Earth file that shows shipwreck locations around the world. Have a look................

You can download the file from Here.

I loaded the file up in Google Earth, and when i saw just how many wrecks were listed i simply thought it would be an impossible task. But, and this is the bit you will not believe, i decided to zoom in on just one of the markers shown - and believe it or not, it was the correct shipwreck! I hit the jackpot with my first guess.

I think maybe i will buy a couple of lottery tickets this week!
            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Time i posted another i guess.

Where in the world would you find this place? For a clue, i will say that it is possible to drink a beer that is named after this place.

Which Place is This?
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

hard to say that you are wrong.
                thats why i zoom in because at the pier you can see a cruise ship wich i post on cruiseships on google earth.
                but the next tip would be;on one of the ilse is a dramatic senery gooing on for years now.'

the ''american star"' on the beach of fuertaventura

but got to look at that shipswreck file.
                downside of that file is,images of where lies this wreck are easy to find now
                best regards Thijs

Comment

but got to look at that shipswreck file.
                  downside of that file is,images of where lies this wreck are easy to find now
                  I guess you are right, that file could make future shipwreck puzzles a bit easier, but, it could also make them a lot harder, if we find a wreck that is not in the file, then everyone will waste a lot of time checking all the wrecks listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                    Time i posted another i guess.

Where in the world would you find this place? For a clue, i will say that it is possible to drink a beer that is named after this place.

Which Place is This?
                    Do you have another hint?
                    Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Oistein View Post
                      Do you have another hint?
                      I shall offer another clue to try and help.

When built, the designers and planners thought that they had found the perfect spot for this lighthouse. Perched high up on the cliffs you can see for many miles in all directions on a clear day. But the position upon the cliffs was to lead to the early closure of this lighthouse due to the light being obscured by low cloud on a regular basis. Opened in the early 1800's, the lighthouse was closed by the end of that century. Two smaller lighthouses were built to take over the job of the older lighthouse. Both of the newer lights were situated at a much lower level.

Comment

As best I can figure this is the upper Calf of Man lighthouse.
                        For a clue, i will say that it is possible to drink a beer that is named after this place.
                        But is there a beer named Calf of Man??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                          As best I can figure this is the upper Calf of Man lighthouse.

But is there a beer named Calf of Man??
                          No, not the Calf of Man, but you are not a million miles out with that guess ombugge.

For another clue i will add, if you were at this place, you would be well within S&R 169's area.
                          Last edited by Steve.B; March 24th, 2010, 17:59. Reason: typo

Comment

Um, three days and no guess's, i shall give another clue. You need to head south from ombugges last guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                              Um, three days and no guess's, i shall give another clue. You need to head south from ombugges last guess.
                              Yes I have figured that out from your last hint (S&R area 169) but I have not found a match yet, either to the light house or the beer. (Maybe I didn't drink enough beer)
                              Must be somewhere in Cornwall, but where???

Comment

I doubt the beer clue will offer you much assistance, the beer is only available in one pub. Or, to be very correct, the beer is widely available in many pubs, but under a different name. The brewery produces it under a certain name for one pub only, and that's the pub that is a few hundred yards away from the lighthouse in question.

But away from the subject of beer, here are another couple of clues.

Your interest here should be the ship, not her location.

Here is the same ship, but this time the location is what you are interested in.

No, it's not in Cornwall.
                                Last edited by Steve.B; March 27th, 2010, 20:57. Reason: Adding text

Comment

Working...
                                X