What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, that is easy, because the name is written in the garden:

"Gedung Sate, is a neo-classical building mixed with native elements that now serves as the governor's office of the West Java province in Indonesia. Located in Bandung, the building was designed by a Dutch architect J. Gerber.

Its common name, Gedung sate, is nick name that translates literally from Indonesian to 'kebab building', which is a reference to the shape of the building's central flag pole."

Am i right?
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ah, you beat me to it Ralf

Located at the center of Bandung, Gedung Sate is the most prominent landmark in the town. This white building was built in 1920 and was disigned to be used as the center of East India Goverment, then that's why in the year of 1952, this building was the most beautiful building in Indonesia. Lapangan Gazeebo, a big public open field in the front of this building, is frequently used for music concert and expo.
      Now, Gedung Sate is used for government office. Just closed to this building, the province parliament office is located.
      Indeed, the name in the garden nailed that one!
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
        I really like these 'What place is this' quizzes. While I've never been anywhere near posting an answer it's really interesting to see and learn
        Don't forget, you can always post a puzzle if there is not a current one! I am sure you could come up with an interesting one!
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
          Steve, you solved it perfect again! This one was very tricky, you had to find the road with the smallest serpentines.

Some more pictures can be found here!
          http://images.google.de/images?q=spl...N&hl=de&tab=wi

I must go there with my motorbike again....
          I was nearly defeated by that one Ralf, mainly because that section of road is not visible on GE. In the end i nailed it by searching through Motor Bike Touring websites.
          Last edited by Steve.B; March 9th, 2010, 14:33. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

You beat me both, but I had to prioritize work.

Here is a cut from Google Eart of the surroundings.

Looks like a nice place.

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Ok, lets have another go at defeating you all!

Interesting chandeliers in this photo!

Where is This Place?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                I was nearly defeated by that one Ralf, mainly because that section of road is not visible on GE. In the end i nailed it by searching through Motor Bike Touring websites.
                Then you went the same way as me, when i was searching for the picture!! There were some pictures in the common sites, but i looked for a more impressive.

Comment

In that new puzzle we are in the salt mines of Wieliczka, Poland. The chandeliers are made of salt.

More information here:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine

Must think about a harder one...

Comment

O.K. try this one: What place is this?

I think you will need two steps:

Find out what it is and then think about the person who posted it.

Good luck!

Comment

In that new puzzle we are in the salt mines of Wieliczka, Poland. The chandeliers are made of salt.

More information here:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine

Must think about a harder one...
                      I must indeed do better My puzzles get solved too quickly! Next time i must do better!

Have you been to the mine? I am wondering how you guessed so quickly?

Comment

O.K. try this one: What place is this?

I think you will need two steps:

Find out what it is and then think about the person who posted it.

Good luck!
                        Another interesting one! But i will resist the urge to sit in front of my PC all afternoon, i have things to do! I will give this a go later, if no one else gets it first.

Comment

Haha, take your time, i should also continue my work with boring Excel files....

The secret in most puzzles is always to match together the right words in Google...
                          So you should check this by yourself before.
                          Last edited by Ralf__; March 9th, 2010, 15:22.

Comment

The secret in most puzzles is always to match together the right words in Google...
                            So you should check this by yourself before.
                            I agree, and i normally do this, just to make sure the first results page does not give the answer. But i admit i rushed that one about the mine - too much time spent trying to solve your puzzles, and not enough time given to my own

Well, I think i may have nailed your latest transmission, but i shall try and confirm it later!

Comment

This really is a guess, but is this the 'Fernsehturm Berlin', the large transmitter tower in Berlin? If so, the photo's been taken using some kind of lens that's distorted the image so that the wall does not seem so curved.

This is my first thought.

Comment

You did the first step well, you found out, what it is.
                                But it's not Berlin, think about your second step...
                                The photographer used a normal lens and a very usual camera, so no special tricks here.

Comment

Working...
                                X