No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The movie Il Sorpasso directed by Dino Risi with Mastroianni and Trintignant was filmed in Quercianella. Mastroianni had a villa in this town at Castiglioncello.Maybe it is the right place?

Comment

Yes I think it's the right place.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castiglioncello

Comment

Bravo, Yves! You solved it. This out-of-the-season picture looks quite different than the summer scenery full of boats and bathing people. Have a look at Google Earth to get an impression. Over to you!
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely Ralf, it looks quite different in low season.

A new puzzle to solve.

Comment

Is this a Spanish scenery? (Continental) European way of driving, Iveco (?) city buses, could also be in France but the red building and the palm trees seem to be more Spanish...

Comment

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes we are in Spain. (continantal,no).

Basilica San Juan Bautista in Arucas, Gran Canaria???

Comment

Spot on Ralf.
            As seen from la Montana de Araucas, an old volcano over the town.
            http://viajesdeark.com/la-iglesia-de...ral-de-arucas/

Comment

Fine. Let's change the topic. What about the story of this place? And the place, of course...

Comment

First try.Is this site in connection with a nuclear power plant?

Comment

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct, you are on the right track.

I agree, Yves. I had a quick look last night and - perhaps influenced by the TV programme I watched on the work being done at Chernobyl - that was my first thought. But which one?
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

As a clue, Ralf, can you tell me if this site is dismantled (it seems to be a heavy-water technology like Brennilis) and if it is located in germany?

​At last, I got it.
                  ​It is the former nuclear power plant of Lingen, Emsland.
                  ​Put into service in 1968, stopped in 1977 after incidents in the process of vapor.
                  Last edited by yvneac; January 18th, 2017, 15:53.

Comment

• Ralf__
                    Ralf__ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very good, Yves. On this picture you can see the whole site:

http://www.noz.de/media/2016/04/12/1...21205_full.jpg

This one was built as demonstration plant. Since 1988 the radioactive parts are sealed. The conventional parts of the plant were removed between 1993 and 1996. In 2009 the funnel has been demolished. Last year the demolishion of the radioactive parts was approved. Left are about 59.000 tons of material, 1.500 of them are radioactive. There is no decision yet, where these will be stored. This demolishion should last until 2030.

The plant produced electrical power of about 9.000 GWh, costing 450 million Euro and earned aproxximately 500 million Euro.
                    The netto production was stated to be 20% cheaper than conventional power.
                    The construction of the plant did cost about 300 million Euro (only the nuclear parts) and the demolishion shall cost about 180 million Euro.
                    Due to faults the plant had to be stopped for more than two years during the 9 years of duty.
                    There are several cases of radioactive pollution of the environment attested.

The two big plants on the picture are a "modern" nuclear plant (startet 1988) and a gas power plant. The nuclear plant will be stopped in 2022. It produces 10 times as much energy than the small one. I have doubts, if even the big plant will have earned money after putting in charge the costs of construction, maintenance, repairs, demolishion and storage and treatment of the radioactive garbage.

In my opinion nuclear power is not only very dangerous and polluting the environment, but costs also a lot of money in the end, which has to be given by the tax payers. Why do they have to pay the bills of the power producers?

A relative of mine is living very close to this place, that's why it was getting in my mind, while thinking about a new puzzle.

Over to you, Yves.

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree Ralf
                    In the 50's and 60's the nuclear seemed to be -in theory- a right way to produce electricity at low cost but the real cost of dismantling was sadly underestimated (maybe because you answer ONLY at questions you ask!),
                    Nowadays it appears that the civil nuclear process (for France 70% of our electrity) is not the solution, Moreover, we don't know what to do with the more dangerous wastes and the scientific research has not pertinent answer on this point,

In addition to my comment, an article about the dismantling of Brennilis our oldest nuclear power plant (only in French,sorry)

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/rue89...emantelee.html

Comment

What is this house and where can you see it?

Comment

I believe, it is a museum, maybe about a person, who lived in there. Unfortunately the picture is too small and with a low resolution so it is not possible to spot any details. The style of the building is very common. The place could be nearly anywhere in the West-Northern hemisphere. A wild guess says Germany to me?!

Comment

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        West-Northern Europe is right.Not in Germany but a country we hear about very often on CVF.

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Amazing similar: Airborne Museum Hartenstein, Netherlands...

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...artenstein.jpg

But not the right one. But perhaps the right country?

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Stunning family likeness...but your are not in the right country. This building is not a museum, it houses "official activities".

French embassy in Oslo!!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spot on Mark.
                        I should agree for a job on here,in case!
                        Over to you.
                    Working...
                    X