No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ombugge, you are wrong. It has nothing to do with skiing. You can find the right answer inside our forum...
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

the chairlift up to snow mountain.
      to be precisly

Last edited by janihudi; September 21st, 2010, 21:42.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, i declare you the winner even you pointed very exactly the wrong position of the wheelhouse.

So to be precisely please point out the exact position with the help of this link:

http://www.seilbahn-nostalgie.ch/snezka.html

before posting an new puzzle. Hope this request is not too shameless...?

Comment

-- double posting due to annoying slow connection in Czech Republic (evil ginnn) --

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            Thijs,even you pointed very exactly the wrong position of the wheelhouse.

So to be precisely please point out the exact position
            the correct positions

it take me a vew hours to locate them,when you don´t know where to find it,i have seen a lot of skilifts and others,and i have read you´re whole thread about you´re trip (don´t come often in the travelthreads) after you´re tip.

so was just looking for a straigt strip in the forrest,straight srips in a forrest means most of the times a chair/ski lift.

you´re image the chairs gooing up,so it couldend by on the top,also the where trees in you´re image, at the top is no vegitation.

and then i saw an image of a chairlift where you move sideways, BINGO
            but never thougt that there was a second station on the track

that i place the vieuwimages out of line is to show where you was,mala upa.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

hope that this one is a little harder to crack,then the ones i had already placed

where is this and what marks the blue/grey square out.

tip 1;the quality of the image
              best regards Thijs

Comment

to hard to crack?

tip 2, it´s a island.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

You perfectly solved my puzzle.

Just noticed the new one some minutes ago, so i am still thinking about it. I am curious about the colour which is very unusual. Is it an area with volcanic activities?

Comment

no volcanic activities.

bigger than Holland
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

I believe i have to search in the Polar Seas, because only here i find that kind of landscape on Google Earth. Is it a place / an island along the North-West-Passage??

Comment

Not much to go on here.
                        Looks like high Latitude, North or South, but since there isn't any islands larger than Holland in the South, I guess this is in the Arctic.

There appears to be a bit of ice hugging the shoreline so I think we are in the Canadian Arctic.
                        Let me just throw in a guess and say; Baffin Island. (That is a lot bigger than Holland, for sure)

EDITH: I found it. This is the position of the Barents Memorial on the island of Novaya Zemlia. That is the Dutch connection here:
                        Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 17:18.

Comment

darn to easy.
                          youre right again ombugge.

nothing to see on there,there should live more than 2000 people on nova zembla,but diddn´t find anything of house and city´s.

one of the tips would bee,you can find his name on many worldmaps.

barentzsea
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

OK, now I have to scratch my head and come up with a challenging puzzle here. Give me a day or so.
                            This time in somewhat warmer climate, I promise.

Comment

A new puzzle to solve. This time a lot closer to equator then we have been the in last few puzzles, as promised:

In fact this place should have the sun in Zenith just about NOW.
                              (Please ignore date, I forgot to adjust settings. Probably from year 2000)
                              Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 17:19.

Comment

O.K. Time for a first guess:

Pontianac, Borneo Island, Indonesia, seated directly on the equator.

The large orange/yellow building in the left background could be Hotel Kini and that white one on the right side could be Grand Makhota Hotel.

I am not sure, but it could fit...

Comment

Working...
                                X