Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one, now.

Comment

The flag in the middle looks like Monaco at first glanse, but I think I can detect a little green spot at the top of the pole.
      Somewhere in Italy??

Comment

Well done.
        Italy it is.

Comment

Is this the Hotel De Ville, Town Hall, Piazza Emile Chanoux, Aosta, Aosta Valley, Valle d'Aosta, Italy, Alps ?!

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C54CYJ/hote...lle-C54CYJ.jpg
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Absolutely Ralf.
            The Town Hall is called Hotel de Ville because Val d'Aoste is a French speaking Italian province.
            Next to you.

Comment

Okay, so let's try something else. But i guess, this will be again solved within a couple of minutes...

Where is this place?

Comment

First question: is it a real or a virtual structure?

Comment

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, this is real. The thread is named "What place is it?", not "What place will it be?".
                  But the picture is a bit mystic, i admit.

A viaduct for barge/boat transfer across a valley or something??

Comment

I think this might be the acquaduct connected to the Falkirk Wheel, a fantastic piece of engineering lifting boats over the River Carron valley in Scotland. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• nari
                    nari commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with Ivy - it does look like the Falkirk.

I knew, it would be last for only a few tries. Yes, it is the upper entrance of the Falkirk wheel, well known to all houseboat lovers. I was checking new houseboat brushures recently. so i remembered this boat lifter... over to you, Ivy!

Comment

Ralf! New motorhome, now a houseboat for you??? Where will the man stop?????
                    I have been racking my brains about that boat lift because I'm sure that it has been mentioned somewhere on the forum but Search cannot find it, at least not with the search words I put in. And I seem to remember either Steve or Polo-boy saying something about it at the time. But maybe it is my imagination running riot? I do remember seeing it on TV ages ago, though.
                    My thinking cap is now on for something to keep you all quiet for a while.
                    Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it has been used here before. All you have to do is scroll through 5250 posts. (That is where it will be by the time you have completed)
                      But don't wast time on that before you post a new puzzle.

• Ralf__
                      Ralf__ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't worry, i was just collecting broshures for a friend. But that does not hinder me to dream of future vacations.
                      An own houseboat will most likely never happen. As seldom as there is an opportunity to use it, it will be always better to rent.
                      So a dream is indeed to discover some British waterways in a narrow boat.

Photobucket is having a bad hair day. Will try again later. Thank goodness I only use it for these puzzle pics!
                    Ivy

Comment

Re Falkirk Wheel - yes we talked about it in July last year in the 'This is Scotland 2013' thread - at which point I think we decided that none of us had photos of it!!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks indeed, Mark, as Ombugge says. I would never have thought of that, so it's a good job someone has a photographic memory!

OK so it was not on the puzzle thread then. My memory is not like it once was. (In fact it probably never was)
                      (Thanks for saving Ivy from looking through 5250 posts)

Comment

Success with photobucket - I think...... So where do you think this was taken?

Photo by Lukas Kaffer.
                        Last edited by wherrygirl; January 22nd, 2016, 20:27.
                        Ivy

Comment

• wherrygirl
                          wherrygirl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Te-he. Photobucket is now displaying all 8 of my attempts to get this image uploaded. Who was it said "Try, try,........ etc.?
                      Working...
                      X