No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand it, perspicaceous means, not keen in the sense of being eager to get on with something but the keen (sharp) mind that has the ability to see deeply into a matter, to understand its implications. But that in no way applies to my solving your puzzle pic., Yves! The trouble is, Google has got so adept at linking even a simple, childish phrase to a variety of possible solutions that it leaves no opportunity for us poor puzzlers to use a bit of brainpower or reasoning.
    However, hopefully this photo will be sufficiently anonymous-looking to hold you up for a short while. What and where is it?

Photograph by B. Navez
    Last edited by wherrygirl; December 13th, 2015, 23:30.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Well, I'll try to be "perspicace" even though I am not gifted for that.....
      First question:are we in Europe?

Comment

No, Yves............
        Ivy

Comment

OK.I search this twin towers church in America without any success.Is it the right continent?

Comment

No, Yves. Wa-hey, this has lasted almost a day!
            Ivy

Comment

Can't find this one but few churches with the same design and colours appear in Australia.I stay there or I move? It is the question I ask you Ivy....

Comment

Since it looks like a Church and has crosses all over the place I assume it is NOT a Church. (It was posted by Ivy after all)
                So my guess is it is some sort of Wedding Chapel and maybe in South Africa??

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                  .......Australia.I stay there or I move? It is the question I ask you Ivy....
                  And my answer to you, Yves, is that staying or leaving remains a decision only you can make, but you won't get any further if you stay.
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    ..........I assume it is NOT a Church. (It was posted by Ivy after all)
                    HUH !!!!
                    No, it is not a wedding chapel, or a mere chapel of any kind, and your assumption that it is not a church is incorrect. At least, perhaps one could say that a local would not call it that. And it is not in South Africa. (Study each word in that sentence. )
                    Ivy

Comment

• Sigve
                      Sigve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "And it is not in South Africa. (Study each word in that sentence. ) "
                      Not in South Africa. But close.

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ouch, the frying pan is out!!
                      I thought that since you hadn't erased the crosses it probably wasn't a Church in the true sense.
                      I also though it looked somewhat Dutch in style, hence South Africa.
                      But it could also be in Namibia?? (Both Boer and German influence there)

Sigve, you have picked up on the significant word, well done. Yes, it is close - on a global scale, that is.
                    Ivy

Comment

I thought that since you hadn't erased the crosses it probably wasn't a Church in the true sense.
                      I did consider it, Ombugge, but decided not to be quite so heartless. Even without them it would still have looked religious, anyway. But Namibia, no, afraid not.
                      Ivy

Comment

I never spent so long time in Africa.And in churches as well.
                        Lesotho or Swaziland?

Comment

Take to the water, Yves.
                          Ivy

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Madagascar or Mauritius?

Interestingly Ivy, when I've said or done something wrong (I'm a man, it happens quite frequently), Mrs PoloUK tells me to 'hopp i havet' (jump in the sea). I assume you weren't using the same tone of voice for poor Yves?

I reckon Nari's comment to your previous post is going in the right direction though.
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Mark for your empathy.Not easy to be a man nowadays....

Oh deary me. There's poor Ombuge bemoaning the fact that he is another year older, now Mark and Yves feeling upstaged because they are mere men..... And Mark, would I speak to Yves like that??? My suggestion was an encouraging one, not disparaging. (Must remember that "hopp i havet".it could come in useful.)
                          Nari, not quite, but you are in the right area.
                          Ivy

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There are a number of very similar churches in the Seychelles but not this one.
                        Working...
                        X