Comment

The two pictures that made up the panorama in the puzzle:

The picture Thijs found:

I'll say this must be from next door room

Comment

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        but i coldn't find that white dome ,but there was a part with clouds on GE ,maybe it was there.
        but you stayed there,while Singapore was just a few miles away?

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        The white dome is only a couple of years old. It is a modern shopping mall with higher standard than the ones seen along the street on the right.
        Singapore may be only a few miles away in distance, but it is years of difference in development.
        Batam has gone from nearly no population back in 1970, when I first visited. There are abt. 1.2-1.5 mill. now, but with no real "town plan" and a lot of misfired projects. Building standard is not being strictly enforced and maintenance is not a priority.
        Why go there?? To get out of Singapore without flying, or driving long distances. There are also some nice resorts on Batam, but this time we just stayed in town: http://www.fnetravel.com/travel_info...nfo/batam.html

oke a new puzzle.
      where in the Dutch mountains or not is this.
      don't ask me anything,was just driving there, nothing about it i know.

so ,give it a try.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Dutch mountains???? (To paraphrase in Swedish; "fins dom"???)

don't ask me anything
      Question no. 1: Do you know where it is?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i'm looking at GE to find it.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh great! What are you for a puzzle setter?
          Ivy

Comment

Well, it is definitely a Dutch or Luxemburgian Renault car in a German landscape. So far i can say identifying the traffic signs saying "bike trail ends". Low resolution, so i can't read the local signs, Due to lack of time i am not able to make further reseach now. But concentrate on the middle west of Germany, about 100 km around Aachen. This very blue frame coloured Road Train has a limited action area!
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Yup - I was looking at Germany too. I was in the Dortmund area - could those signs be saying something like Bestwig and Meschede to the left, Scharfenberg to the right?

In fact ... is this a railway view of the same location? https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.36...04779!2e1!3e10

If it is, then this is Nuttlar, and the church is that of St Anna.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hehehe. I think you nailed it!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

yes it is.
                  how the heck can you read to signs?
                  i wundered more here ,how someone can see those tiny fragments on images ,i can see those.
                  when i zoomed in ,it gets blurred.
                  made the image yesterday coming back from loading the trunks.more images on the highway cruiser thread.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Maybe it's my vision that's blurry, but I thought I could see 'Sharfenberg' on the sign - there aren't too many of these in Germany, and most of them are well away from the Netherlands.

Will try to set a new puzzle later.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Goodness, that was quick. I just couldn't read the signs except one or two letters. And, like Thijs, when I zoomed in it got too blurry, even after sharpening in IrfanView. I made a guess for Germany and that was as far as I got. Also it's a man thing, ID-ing cars BAH! HUH!
                      Let's have something that's on a level playing field, you lot.
                      Ivy

Comment

my puzzels aren't that diffecult,i use many pics of myself,and as we know,i'm not a globetrotter.
                        and when there are mountains,it's not holland.
                        Ralf was a ''problem'',he would know the road signs,but Germany is big,though he would also know,im not driving that far into Germany. (normaly)
                        thatswhy i didn't posted a new one sunday,i was planned to take monday one for the puzzle.
                        but driving looking for something good,and take a image,not practical.
                        and on the image i couldend see the vilages/city names,so diddn't bother to remove it.
                        but the nice thing was the dutch car (yellow plates,German and Belgian are white)
                        but driving there was almost beeing in Holland,more yellow than white plates,
                        Winterberg region is a very popular place for Dutchies
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

OK - so in a similar vein - another simple one with loads and loads of visual clues and no cars.

What place is this?

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Aachen Germany? want 20 need 20!!!!
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X