No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yves and Ombugge - no and no, I'm afraid. Actually, I'm not afraid now for the puzzle has remained unsolved for all of 4 hours!
    Which reminds me, I must add a note about attribution.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I think the traffic is driving on the wrong side of the road to be in the UK. And indeed on the wrong side of the road.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        You are wrong, they are driving on the right side of the road.

Uhmmm.... are we in Asia.... it could be Thailand, because they are driving on that side of the road (as far as I can see), AND the "town houses" does look modern-Thai....
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Thailand on the right side of the road???

No,we are not in Asia.
      Ivy

Comment

Iam looking for a solution but unsuccessfully.
        Then two questions:
        Are we in Europe?
        Is it a factory?

Comment

We are not in Europe, Yves, and yes, it is a factory.
          Ivy

Comment

We are not in Europe and not in Asia. It doesn't look like any African country driving on the right hand side of the road, so we must be in the Americas again.
            It does not look like US or Canada, so we must be "South of the Rio Grande". But how much south is the question??
            Hard to see from the vegetation if it is tropical or sub-tropical, but I guess the first due the the prevalence of white roofs. (To cut down of air-conditioning cost, I assume?)
            The questions are:
            What may be made in that great big low rise factory building??
            Lots of cars on the parking lot, so this is not a low cost, but maybe skilled labour / management intensive industry of some sort.
            There are some storage tanks on the ground, but what do they contain??
            Could be anything, from fuel, chemical to water. (The wafer manufacturing plants here in Singapore has storage tanks like that for ultra-clean water)

Comment

South of the Rio Grande - yes.
              Tropical - basically yes.
              Skilled labour intensive industry - yes, I would say.
              Storage tanks. I thought they may be for a chemical, but now rather think they may contain water.
              I think you're on to it.
              Ivy

Comment

Those white and blue colours make me think about Pepsi Cola.
                No doubt I'm wrong......

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IF it was Pepsi, or any other brand like that there would have been a BIG sign on the roof and neon signs at the sides.
                  There is no signs, no logo and no name to be seen, so this is something that doesn't need (or want?) to let the world know they are there.
                  No big trucks on the parking lot, or at any obvious loading bay/ramp, so they may not produce anything "physical" at all.
                  Not military, otherwise it would have green or gray walls. Is it a research facility of some sort?

No doubt you are.
                Ivy

Comment

IF it was Pepsi, or any other brand like that there would have been a BIG sign on the roof and neon signs at the sides.
                  There is no signs, no logo and no name to be seen, so this is something that doesn't need (or want?) to let the world know they are there.
                  No big trucks on the parking lot, or at any obvious loading bay/ramp, so they may not produce anything "physical" at all.
                  Not military, otherwise it would have green or gray walls. Is it a research facility of some sort?
                  I shouldn't think there is anything secretive about what goes on there.
                  Oh, it's very physical.
                  I agree, not military.
                  There could be research in connection with the product going on there as well, though I doubt it and, if there were, it is not the prime reason for the factory's existence.

Ivy

Comment

With respect to my second answer in the above post, I could perhaps modify it by admitting that there is perhaps something rather ethereal about it.
                    Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ethereal
                      ɪˈθɪərɪəl/Submit
                      adjective
                      extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world.
                      "her ethereal beauty"
                      synonyms: delicate, exquisite, dainty, elegant, graceful, beautiful, lovely; More
                      antonyms: tangible, substantial
                      heavenly or spiritual.
                      "ethereal, otherworldly visions"
                      synonyms: celestial, heavenly, spiritual, unearthly, other-worldly, paradisical, Elysian, sublime, divine, holy; More
                      CHEMISTRY
                      (of a solution) having diethyl ether as a solvent.
                      "sodium is dissolved in ethereal solutions of aromatic ketones"
                      Doesn't sound like anything related to a Factory to me????
                      (OK, maybe that last one; "chemistry")

What about a perfume or cosmatics factory in Mexico?

Comment

Ombugge,
                      Doesn't sound like anything related to a Factory to me????
                      No, it doesn't, does it? However, one or two of the words in your fairly comprehensive list could have a link with what goes on in this factory, but there again only by a stretch of the imagination which re-interprets those words in a modern sense, enlarging upon their spacial connotation. Even then, the re-interpretation cannot really be applied to the product directly but only to the concept of the whole of which the product is but a part, though a vital one. All this is very generalised, anyway. One must also remember that "ethereal" is an adjective.
                      (OK, maybe that last one; "chemistry")
                      I should forget that aspect.
                      Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe you are hinting at something modern, like Ethernet???
                        In that case, is it a wafer manufacturing facility??? (I said earlier that it could look like one)

Yves, no, none of that.
                      Ivy

Comment

Working...
                      X