No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most cruise lines doesn't call much at African ports, but lately this has increased, with Crystal Cruises being one who has increased their African Ports of Call on their world cruises.
    But Africa is a big continent, maybe you could tell us if East or West Africa, or an island off either side?

Comment

I agree, Africa is a great continent, but I'm afraid that if I say which coast, off-shore or on mainland, then it will take you less than 2-3 minutes on Goggle Earth to spot the place.

Anyway, as you requested, here is the information requested to make it easy:

It's an island off the western side of Africa. That with information shared previously, that the place is located in the tropical belt of earth, should narrow it down to a handful of islands easily spotted on Google Earth.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

OK, I'll try Bom Bom Islet in Sao Thome Islands??
        Last edited by ombugge; February 8th, 2015, 04:44.

Comment

Yes, I knew as soon as I told it was an island off the western coast of Africa, it would be a simple task nailing it down.

You are correct, Bom Bom Island (Resort) it is.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

OK, so it was Bom Bom Island. I had looked at that possibility since this was one of the destinations mentioned in Crystal Cruises' brochures, but I did not find the pier in your picture.
            I just threw that in because it could fit with the latest clues and I thought it would also fit with the Pakarang psyche.
            Once it was confirmed I found the pier, although changed a bit:

What was not shown was the buildings at that end:

The lantern at the shore end is the same though:

OK, I'm looking for something that can last as long as this one did. Reverting.

Comment

OK, here we go.
              Where in the world do you find this major river???:

Name of country and river suffice.

Comment

Well, here is my first guess. Amazonas, Brazil??
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not the Amazonas. Not that major.

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, but one of the other 68 rivers in Brazil?

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, not in Barazil.
                  You have started to whittle down the options. That took care of a big chunk of South America.

I'm not thinking South America.... I'm more inclined to head to SE Asia... perhaps we are on the Irrawaddy delta.... also known as Ayeyarwady or even Irawati in Hindi?

Comment

I've gone east too, not all that far from Jan-Olav. But I've been thinking of the Brahmaputra - possibly Assam at that point? Or, if not, then when it becomes the Januna in Bangladesh.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

That lasted all of 7 hours. It is on the Irrawaddy River. Not strictly in the delta but up around Mandalay, I believe. (Since I'm not 100% sure, I only asked for the name of country and river)
                    Again from my oldest son who traveled in the area some months ago.

Now back to you Pakarang.

Comment

So happy to have cracked my second case - it's not easy to find the locations sometimes, so I'm actually quite thrilled.

Also, it is not easy to find a new puzzle which the clever people here at CVF can't pinpoint right away.

Anyway..... I'm hoping you guys don't see right away where this might have been taken!

Comment

Aéroport international Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau de Montréal??

Comment

Darn + congratulations.

That was too easy... but off course, you are correct. Not easy to find something "difficult" enough.

Comment

Which gate is it Ralf?
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I am not quite sure, but i think, it's gate 58. Can you confirm J-O?

Comment

• PoloUK
                                PoloUK commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You've got too much time on your hands!!

• Ralf__
                                Ralf__ commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That was astonishingly easy. The two planes in the back of the picture were from American, so i suggested the continent. One of the gangway fingers has a canadian maple leaf on it. So my guess was Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto. Vancouver looked different, but i found a picture of Montreal airport from a very similar position. Nailed it. And the gate is easy to find out with the airport gate map. International area because of the Lufthansa plane... done.
                            Working...
                            X