Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South east Asia it is.

Comment

Let me make a wild guess..... we are in Burma / Myanmar?

If so, could this be the KYAIKTIYO PAGODA som ligger i MON STATE?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        I notice you are multi-lingual here.

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like conversations in our household! If there isn't an English word that fits, there usually is a Norwegian one that works!!

Yes it is the Kyaitiyo Pagoda, better known as the Golden Rock, situated in the Mon State, with Kyaito being the nearest Railway Station and major town.
      Our oldest son was visiting there in November and took this picture. He said it was now more like an amusement park on top of the mountain, but the temple and rock itself is still a major religious site and well worth a visit, if only for the spectacular view from the top: http://www.go-myanmar.com/mount-kyai...e-golden-rock/

It is now your turn to post a puzzle. Maybe one that last more than a day?

Comment

YAY!

For once in a lifetime, I nailed it!

To find one that lasts more than one day is a massive undertaking, especially understanding that I have no idea about what is easy or not to everybody.

Nevertheless, here is one place many people have never been to - but I have, a long time ago.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It seems they practice the big game fishing there.Maybe in the Carribean seas?

Comment

• ombugge
            ombugge commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, probably in the Caribbean somewhere.
            There is a Cruise ship Tender and an officer in white uniform at the pier, so an island without a port large enough for Cruise ship to go alongside.
            But which one??

I'll try a guess; Port Elizabeth on Bequia in the Grenadines??

Comment

So, this wasn't easy after all.

No, we are not in the Caribbean.

Yes, it's a cruise ship tender and since it's my own image, it's the tender of my dear Crystal Symphony. As you know she sails to some pretty amazing places - this is one off the beaten track!

Comment

OK, not the Caribbean, but somewhere in the Americas I assume, since the sports fishing boat is typical American.
              The Bahamas and the many islands to the East of Cuba and the Dominican Republic is strictly speaking not in the Caribbean, although sometime lumped in with term "Caribbean Cruise".
              But none of those islands have any hills to speak of, so they can be discounted?

I think we have to look at somewhere on the west coast of Central America, or South America. Probably south of Acapulco and north of Trujillo, or islands off the coast in this area?

Comment

I am thinking in the same direction, Ombugge. I will also try to narrow it down. I am thinking about Brazil, and in special Ilha Grande. But there are so many piers, that i am not able to locate the exact position. But is my guess right?
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Great suggestions ombugge and Ralf_

But, I'm terribly sorry, you are not even getting closer. We are now on the wrong continent as well.

Comment

Well it's not a easy one.Somewhere in the Philippines?

Comment

OK, so we can disregard the Americas then.
                      What do we know?? It is somewhere where Crystal Symphony has been, probably on one of her World Cruises, which doesn't narrow it down much.
                      We are obviously in the tropics.
                      The crew on the Sport Fishing boat and on the pier are dark skinned, which could mean Africa, but also the Melanesian part of the South Pacific.
                      It is a place where Tenders are used, so not a major port.

I think we are in Melanesia, but where? Crystal Cruises visits both Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia on their World Cruises, so I recons it must be in one of those.
                      I'll venture a guess, if for no other reason than the nice name, Champagne Bay, Vanuatu?

Comment

Yup, not an easy one - as per the wish of ombugge.

Yes, please move away from the Americas. I like your reasoning - very good way to break down the facts to eventually find the exact location.

With such an expert panel, I'm sure one or two of you will eventually find the exact spot on our earth.

To your questions:

Yes, the tropics indeed.

Yes, one of C. Symphony's world cruises indeed.

No, not an "Asian" destination, not any of the islands you mentioned.

But, you have in fact already mentioned the continent now.

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In other words; in Africa, or an island off Africa?

May I suggest Chagos Islands?

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't think so, since Chagos is a coral atoll with nothing sticks up higher tan the coconut trees.
                          There are hills in the puzzle picture.

But islands in the Indian Ocean are a good possibility, me think.

I won't give too many more clues, as it would be too easy, but I like the way you are all reasoning towards a suggestion.

No, Chagos Island it is not.

Africa is correct - but that is as far as I want to go on the information. Don't be too fooled about the American style boat - things can be shipped across the world (or copied)!

Comment

Working...
                        X