No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this superb frontage (not obscure at all) located in UK or Ireland?

Comment

Morning Yves!

No, not the UK or Ireland.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Morning Mark.
        You confirm what I was thinking.Now we have to work seriously!
        Sweden?

Comment

It is indeed Sweden! Sounds like you're on to it.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Norrkjoping - the "Manchester of Sweden" at one time - has a lot of converted factories. Could it be there??

Comment

Well it could be. But it isn't! Keep going.

Interesting about the 'Manchester of Sweden'.I understand that they call Venice the 'Birmingham of the South'.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I'm going, but don't know where. North, South or West??

At the first look it reminded me Jarla Sjo in Nacka,Stockholm outskirts,but it's not the right place.

So I'm looking around the converted piers of Goteborg.....without success.Could you tell me if I'm wrong in this area?

Comment

Yes, I can happily tell you you are wrong in this area.

Not Stockholm, not Göteborg.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happily hé? Bad boy!

Slightly more helpfully - there are 500km between Stockholm and Göteborg - the two places Yves was thinking about. Perhaps it would be worth thinking about a trip up the motorway?
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I tried Lindkjoping, no luck. Next "Jonkjoping old factories" and bingo. The first picture that came up was this one:

The story behind the place: https://niclasandagnes.wordpress.com...dsticksmuseum/

Tändsticksområdet

Jönköping’s restored old match factory area, Tändsticksområdet, is like a miniature town in itself. Its red brick buildings from the height of Jönköping’s matchstick industry now contain galleries, unique shops and restaurants, cozy cafés, antiques and more. A large flea market is also held here every Saturday.

Comment

Perfect! I must have been standing in the same place as'niclas and agnes' when I took the photo.

We rather like Jönköping, at the southern end of Vättern - especially in the summer when the lakeside restaurants are open, the days are long and the sun is shining.

It's also home to Scandi's largest (well, to be honest, only) railway and transport show, Nordic Rail, held at Elmia every couple of years. Coming to that exhibition for a few years was great fun.

So - that one lasted longer than I expected (if not long). Back to Ombugge.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My turn again. I'll have to see if my sons have something interesting from their recent travels. Reverting.
                      Meanwhile I throw the field open to anyone with a ready puzzle.

That is a beautiful building and has been put to excellent use from what Mark says. It is heartwarming when you hear of something like this, insrtead of the one-time rush to demolish and build some monstrosity in its place.
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Elmia Exhibition Centre isn't quite as pretty as this area, and a little out of town. But the redevelopment of the area shown in the photograph is wonderful, with plenty of places to eat and relax - and of course the Matchstick Museum to visit! It reminds me of the St Katharine's Dock area of London for some reason - suppose it's the red brick buildings.

• Tommi
                      Tommi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've been to Elmia a few times, it's clearly a place you visit for the venue, not for the pretty uninteresting surroundings.

Nobody took up the offer, so here is my next puzzle.
                    Where do you find this beautiful scenery??:

Comment

Well if we try to start with a bit of simple reduction of scope - I reckon we're in Asia?
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I would say South East Asia too.... but, in fact, I have never seen this place before.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                        X