No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct. That was a very good work. Over to you!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      ...to be correct: the picture was made by Gaudenzio Ghilardi, published in Panoramio/Google Earth.

A little flash back with this one.When this view was shot none of us was born.......

Comment

Bridge bearing or military facility?

Comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a bridge.Nothing to see with a war activity.

My first guess; Foundation for the Eiffel Tower??

Comment

Yes Ombugge,you win again.

This picture comes from the Eiffel French wiki page.It shows the foundations of the pillars and was shot in 1887 in le Champ de Mars.

Comment

What!!! I just looked at the picture and the fact that it was not a bridge foundation and, with the source of puzzle, put in the first thing that came to mind.

I'll have to dig a bit before I find some obscure beach, or whatever, that hasn't already been published somewhere.
          If anybody have a puzzle ready, feel free.

Comment

Yvneac;
            Solving your puzzle wasn't difficult at all. I just doubleclicked your picture and came straight into your Photobucket bucket, which showed me the picture with its full filename "...toureiffel.jpg".

Perhaps you should disable the "link back to albums"- option in your settings.

But I let the honour go to Ombugge for solving the quiz.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---
            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• yvneac
              yvneac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the tip Sigve.
              But how can I delete this link?
              You know,computer tools are quite doubledutch to me!!!!!!

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              I did not click on or copy the picture at all. I just though that this being Yves puzzle it was probably something to do with France. As the suggestion that it was a Bridge foundation had been discarded, I thought that, based on the angle of the bolts and foundations, it could be the most prominent landmark in France, the Eiffel Tower. I really didn't expect it to be that simple.

In your Settings there is a tag called "Album". There you find a box with the text "Link back to album". Untick that box.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---

Comment

I had the same experience, and PM'd Yves about it. I often save puzzle pics to my HD so that I can enlarge them properly and see detail more clearly. The method of enlarging the screen display is not so good since the last update. So this time I saved the photo as usual, but it would not open. The usual blah about "Windows can't open ........"
              I was puzzled as it appeared to be a jpg. image and there should have been no problem. I returned to the thread, right clicked and selected "View image info." to see if perhaps it was not a jpg. To my horror, there was the eiffel information. So I told Yves, as obviously I would not be able to take part. I would never have been able to solve it anyway!
              I got caught like that once, but Steve warned me that he had found my pic.'s title that way. So now I am careful when posting.
              When I choose a puzzle pic. from the web, I always download it to the HD, then make a copy so that there is no information whatsoever on that, then upload it to the thread. But I still have the info. on the original that I downloaded.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• yvneac
                yvneac commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for sharing your experience Ivy.I'll try it.

Since I missed my shot with the previous puzzle I try again with this one (Ombugge looking for an EXTREMELY obscure beach somewhere in a unexplored part of the world).
              That time I use Ivy's method.If there is a problem again, 1) tell me. 2) kick me out!

This picture was shot in 1960.But where?

Comment

First reaction: anywhere but New York. But then you never know, do you?
                Kick you out? Mm-mmm-mm. After due consideration and much thought, I would say - probably not.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Ivy,you are very magnanimous.I am relieved....
                  By the way,not New York of course.

Look at the cars. Paris.
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---

Comment

Jean Seberg and Jean Paul Belmondo in Jean-Luc Godards "Breathless" walking down the Champs-Elysees, 1960. We see two Renaults on the right, a Dauphine in front and a 4CV behind.
                  I can't identify the cars in the background due to over-exposure.

I am out and away again for the next days (Nürnberg fair), and i will be back on Friday. So please feel free to play on without me.

Comment

That's it Ralf."BREATHLESS","A Bout De Souffle" in French,the first movie of "Nouvelle Vague" movie school (Godard,Truffaud,Chabrol,Rohmer...).

Since you can't play before Friday,and since Sigve found Paris,I propose he posts the next puzzle.

It's your round,Sigve!

Comment

I'm no good at quiz'es. But let's try.

Is this natures work? Or man made? Where do we find this formation?

Regards; Sigve.
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X