No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Meccano super model - part of a permanent exhibition somewhere?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      Permanent exhibition yes, Meccano brand no.

I typed in Meccano competitors in Germany and guess what came up: http://www.kralovehradeckyregion.cz/...=en&dr=100076&

Comment

Lucky old you!
      Back to the obscure S.E.Asian beach?
      Ivy

Comment

Well done, Ombugge! This is a so remote museum in a remote area of CZ, that i did not imagine, someone would solve it so quick. I followed your steps and it was interestng to learn that there were so many connections and copies, although all of them name themselves "inventors" and show several patents.

So, over to you!
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Give me some time to find a suitably obscure beach somewhere in S.E.Asia.

Comment

Just for a change - make it S.W.
            Ivy

Comment

Sorry, no pictures from S.W. Asia (Arabian Peninsula and Persia I presume??)
              But I decided to change from obscure beaches to equally obscure mountains. Where is this mountain scenery situated???:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                Sorry, no pictures from S.W. Asia (Arabian Peninsula and Persia I presume??)
                Well, I admit, I did have some vague idea that it wasn't Brazil or China. And why not the Arabian peninsula or Iran, anyway? Puzzle photos don't have to be one's own work. Wiki Commons etc. have thousands of available pics.
                Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a clear clue in this picture though.
                  This is not my own work anyway.

Any vultures in the backround here?
                Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No. Looks like the vultures have done their work pretty thoroughly already.

• wherrygirl
                  wherrygirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's why they're in the background, waiting for more.

tanah toraja on sulawesi, indonesia?

http://www.zoonar.de/photo/tanah-toraja_80773.html

Comment

Quick work, Ralf. Well done.
                  Ivy

Comment

That was amazingly quick indeed. I checked that Google Image search didn't have the answer (at least my version of it)
                    I was unable to open the link you posted directly, but by a roundabout route I found the picture you referred to on another picture pushing site but attributed to Zoonar:

Yes, Tana Toraja it is. The picture was from our oldest son who was trekking in the hill there a week or so ago.

Tana Toraja is on the tourist map of Indonesia and produce very good coffee, which is exported to other parts of Indonesia and S.E.Asia.
                    Here is a link to the wikipedia page for Tana Toraja: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toraja

Comment

It was surprisingly easy to find, i typed the German words for skull and grave in Google and found some pictures with similar graves. Then i could concentrate on Sulawesi and this picture popped up after a short time. So sometimes even Asia offers easy-to-find locations for me.

We have a bank holiday tomorrow (German reunion day), so a long weekend and i am out in the Black Forest with a group. So i could post a puzzle next Monday or if that is too boring long, someone else may pop in with a new puzzle meanwhile.

Comment

The plane has been moved from this place meanwhile, but is still in the same surrounding..., where is it?

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Judging by the inclination of the satellite disk and the vegetation we are in a lush sub-tropical part of the world.

It is even a tropical part. Leave away the sub!

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That reduces the area a bit. When we take away the arid parts of within the tropics, but it still leave all of the rain forest area of Africa, Asia and South America, as well as the islands in the Caribbean and the Pacific. A lot to choose from.
                          We need something to narrow it down a bit and the only thing there is the plane. What make is it? Where is/was it widely used etc.?
                      Working...
                      X