• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://stevethings.wordpress.com/201...in-kuressaare/

i have to go out for a new one.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I can't make this out. I posted a reply to you the same day, yet it is nowhere to be seen!
      I wondered how on earth you managed to find that - and so quickly. Well done, indeed.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

googled something like ,boat with fish stateu
        best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          i try that one,and indeed we could have some troubbles then.
          if words as bungay,pea****,and others don't come trhough the censor,those images would bring a lot of problems then.
          but sometimes less is more;boat with fish stateu

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          Nude fisherman sculpture full of fish,you said Mark?
          Well,maybe I'll have a try...

• wherrygirl
          wherrygirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Yves, behave yourself.!

oke then,the new puzzle.
        i spoil it for by starting,taken by myself,so that means Benelux and Germany.
        taken in the rain,so a lot of grey spots.

but place a few images,it was from far and not much to see.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Just one thing put this into my head, but is this a sanitorium?
          Ivy

Comment

no,no sanitorium........
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Some kind of light industry - I'm now thinking weaving or somesuch - all that glass.
              Ivy

Comment

You are right, not a h*ll of a lot to identify this place by in the pictures. (Worse then some obscure beach in S.E.Asia)
                Flat and featureless landscape and some indistinct buildings in the woods. The bunting in the last picture is not readable
                We already know it is somewhere in the Benelux or near parts of Germany, so vegetation is no clue here.
                My guess; a school or institution somewhere in the flatlands of Germany???

Comment

O n the placard we see a blue side.Is this place near the sea or a lake?

Comment

I'm intrigued by the "forbidden" symbols. The top one "R" made me wonder if it was the German word for smoking - rauchen - but the German No Smoking signs all seem to show the usual lit cigarette sign. The middle one I can't make out and the bottom one could be the usual No Smoking symbol, though it is very faint. The length of text by each one seems to indicate that they each mean something different.
                    Ivy

Comment

The sign is parking prohibited , not an R , but P with the "\ " . On top of the large sign reads : "Welkom Strandbezoekers"
                      Can be Dutch?
                      Near a beach in the Netherlands?
                      Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

You're correct, Oistein, this is Dutch, so it is Netherlands or the Flandern part of Belgium. The second prohibition sign doesn't allow dogs to place their dirt there and the third one allows no fire.
                        Down to the right you can see written "Strand Pad", this means the white row of dots is the official path to the beach. Interesting is that the beach is in the North, that should wipe out many of the Dutch beaches, because most of them have the sea in the West.

Nothing more to see on this picture. So i tried to explore something on the others and found a sign "Lawine Studio".

And so i found it: It is the Quarantaine-terrein Heijlplaat in Rotterdam. It was the isolation place in the port of Rotterdam, where seamen with tropical diseases could be treated.
                        After a long time of abandoness since the 50ies it is now preserved as Rijksmonument and used for theater and dance projects.

http://www.lawinetheater.nl/
                        http://www.lawinetheater.nl/index.ph...taine-strandje

So it is a beach in the middle of the Rotterdam port!
                        Last edited by Ralf__; September 26th, 2014, 10:11.
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• yvneac
                          yvneac commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bravo Ralf.I did the same but I read LGWINE that came to a deadlock.

bravo indeed Ralf,i was very aware that i wouldend make an image with the tekst to clear,zoomed in on the image and nothing showed up,exept the lawine studio.
                        but i didn't thought that it could be solved by just that word.
                        you have even seen it from the other side,Ralf and Ivy.
                        when we did the harbour sailing trip in our first meeting weekend,and i'm sure that i placed that image somewhere,but just can't find it.

ha ha Ombugge,nut much to see he said,he gave us one time an image from a shed in the jungle,was i believe something about the shell raffainery.

on the sign between the green and grey parts,is a red dot,there i had taken the image,so i'm looking to the east,also the right side of the sign,if there where no trees ,you could se the remains of the RDM yard,there where the ss''Rotterdam'' was build.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

I downloaded it but as I enlarged the text was too blurred even though I sharpened it!
                          Very well done, Ralf.
                          Ivy

Comment

O.K.: Next one. What place is this?

Credits go to millotaurus 1, panoramio.com
                            Last edited by Ralf__; September 26th, 2014, 14:56.
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                            X