No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That lives only New Zealand as far as can see???

Comment

Just what I thought, unless it is some little island somewhere in the southern seas.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Yes, it's New Zealand, well done - that's probably most of the work done.

There was a reason that this one sprung to my mind, I'll explain when you've narrowed it down a bit further.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          A link with trains?

Yes Yves, it was a railway related reason that I thought of this place - but it's pretty tenuous, the Kiwi Rail network is about 4,000km in length, so there are plenty of places with railways.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
          Yes Yves, it was a railway related reason that I thought of this place - but it's pretty tenuous, the Kiwi Rail network is about 4,000km in length, so there are plenty of places with railways.

OK is it on North or South Island?? Is it on the Main Trunk Line or a side spur???
          Knowing your vocation, did you happen to think of this place because of something job related, like construction of a new line coming there, or maybe just a new station, or whatever needing signaling systems????

Comment

I am pretty sure that this is Upper Hut near Wellington.
            More famous than the Mitre 10 Mega store in 9 Park Street (the way i found the place) will be the Silver Stream Railway:

http://www.silverstreamrailway.org.nz/
            Last edited by Ralf__; August 26th, 2014, 10:16.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Fantastic Ralf! Good to have you back!!

The reason I thought about it was related to some equipment that our Company - in a former incarnation - supplied to New Zealand Railways in the 1950s. This was really state of the art 'Centralised Traffic Control' or remote control equipment, allowing one control centre to control very long lengths of line safely and reliably. I had an email from a gentleman in NZ who was doing a training course on similar, but newer equipment asking for photos of the original, which I was happy to send. In return he sent me a photo of the equipment - still in situ, only recently decommissioned - in Upper Hutt, Wellington.

Modern electronics is fantastic, hugely powerful, very reliable, but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't have a 60 year service life.

Over to you Ralf.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Apparently not Pisa, but where?

Comment

Somewhere in Switzerland???

Comment

I guess it is the tour penchée in Saint Moritz Switzerland,canton(county) des Grisons.

Comment

Like here?: http://www.engadin.stmoritz.ch/winte...leaning-tower/

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry, didn't see that it had already been solved. All yours Vyes!!

Very good, Yves! The tower was build during the 12. century and was part of the Mauritius church, which has been demolished in 1890. It is 33m high and has an incline of 5,5° (Pisa 4°). It is located in St. Moritz Dorf, face to face to the Kulm Hotel. Over to you!

Comment

It was quite easy since when I went to this region the guide was fan of this "pisan"tower.Anyway nice place both the town and the surroundings.
                        A new puzzle to solve.

Comment

That is too easy, because you forgot to rename your picture:

http://fortbravooficial.com/

http://www.guglielmodeluigifotografi...rs/fort-bravo/

Please post another one....

Comment

'*&%$§ double posting

Comment

Working...
                            X