No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not too many places has such sand dunes.
    Name of country will do.

Comment

I have read that the Kalahari desert in Soth Africa/Namibia/Botswana is very red, very typical and also beautiful, so that is my suggestion.
      Regards; Sigve.
      ---
      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
        I have read that the Kalahari desert in Soth Africa/Namibia/Botswana is very red, very typical and also beautiful, so that is my suggestion.
        Kalahari is very read in places, but it is not really a desert in the true sense, more an arrid area, similar to the Australian outback. It doesn't have sand dunes like these.

But you are in the right area.

Comment

Hmmm......

I have also read that the Namib Desert is a desert in Namibia, very beautiful with tall sand dunes and "a number of unusual species of plants and animals are found only in this desert"

So the Namib Desert is my second suggestion.
          Regards; Sigve.
          ---

Comment

I second the guess that it is from Namibia.

Newspaper Adressa has a feature here: (In Norwegian)
            http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/reis...cle1496849.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Nichu View Post
              I second the guess that it is from Namibia.

Newspaper Adressa has a feature here: (In Norwegian)
              http://www.adressa.no/forbruker/reis...cle1496849.ece
              The Namib desert it is. Near the coast you got the highest sand dunes in the world.

This picture appears to be taken from the "back", since there are some vegetation on the low elevation.

Namibia is a very special country, both because of the nature and the people.
              In the major towns it is very German still, with places like Luderitz and Swakopsmund almost totally German. The capital, Windhook is also very German in many ways.

I have only been there once, but have some good memories from there
              We have a thread about Namibia on CVF somewhere.

Comment

So, Nichu, it is now over to you to set a new puzzle!
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I really think that Sigve should be the winner here, but on request, I'll post this one:

Where were my son and I on holiday in August 2001?
                  (Picture altered a bit)

Comment

I really think that Sigve should be the winner here, but on request, I'll post this one:
                    I have not been paying enough attention, of course Sigve guessed the last puzzle correctly. (Sigve, i owe you one, and the next one i guess correctly will be your cue to post a puzzle!).

But in the meantime, we have an interesting one to solve from Nichu, umm, top of something, but where? Time to delve a bit deeper me thinks!
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

(Picture altered a bit)
                      I see what you mean

At an amazing 3.571 metres, the Sphinx observatory at Swiss Alps is the highest-altitude construction in Europe. The Sphinx building and observation terrace stand 117 metres above the Jungfraujoch-Top of Europe .

What a great place to visit Nichu! You must have had some really amazing views from up there.

The '782 feet', and the 'TOP OF' combination in google soon solved this one, so now i will hand the puzzle over to Sigve who correctly guessed the previous puzzle, what can you post for us Sigve?

Comment

Congratulation with a quick and smart solultion of this one Steve.
                        I was looking for some Tower that was 71 m. tall.

While we wait for Sigve to put his puzzle, I have one that I had prepared and now is in a hurry to issue.
                        Where is this place???

Why am I in a hurry to place this one puzzle??
                        That will be revealed once we have a solution, if I'm not already too late.

You can place the next one Sigve.
                        Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 16:22.

Comment

I'm "logged off" at the moment, and glad if somebody can place the next puzzle in my place. About the current one, I have no idea, except Tibet?
                          Regards; Sigve.
                          ---

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                            I'm "logged off" at the moment, and glad if somebody can place the next puzzle in my place. About the current one, I have no idea, except Tibet?
                            Sorry I jumped in here,which should have been your turn.
                            It is not Tibet, although the prayer flags are flying.
                            There is also a minaret in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              Why am I in a hurry to place this one puzzle??
                              That will be revealed once we have a solution, if I'm not already too late.
                              Is this some sort of clue? Could this be somewhere in a war zone, or maybe near an active volcano? - somewhere that may not be around for much longer, hence, "if I'm not already too late"?

I will try to narrow it down by asking if this place is in Afghanistan?

Comment

Ombugge, I was trying to get a clue regarding the shop sign on the picture, but i must tell you that the resolution is too bad, so no possibility to get some informations from there. I am really not good informed about your part of the world so i can not much help here.
                                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X